audio and video
Our house rules
There are a few rules here on U2start, especially regarding the use of our forums. It's important that you globally know what our house rules are. We expect you to know that if you violate one of these rules you will face a possible ban. We dislike rules as much as you probably do but these rules are important to keep this website friendly and to keep the community as nice as it is.
- General rules
- What we expect from you
- The rules regarding the sharing and trading of audio/video material
- What happens if the rules are violated
- Privacy statement
First of all, let us point out that this is a digital place with (mostly) textual content. There's no face or expression bundled with a text message, if someone posts a message somewhere stating "you are dumb" it may be a joke or it may be insulting. You can sometimes make something clearer with a smiley but it is often not just as clear for everyone as it is to yourself. Most communication problems start because of a misunderstanding. Just try to think the best of someone and their intents. We all have our bad days, don't we? If you have a doubt about another members conduct or if you think something can be expressed in a more polite way, please report it to a crew member and we will take the appropiate actions.
These are our house rules:
* All the posts on the forum and the content of the website must remain in the English language. The only exception is the 'Stranger In A Strange Land' forum.
* Whilst debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or aggressive posts.
* We will not allow spam with (paid or unpaid) adverts, job-applications, chain-mails, useless topics or certain internet-sites.
* We will not allow images or text that is under copyright without mentioning the source and/or author.
* We will not allow offers/queries regarding illegal software or other ways to circumvent, copy, distribute other copyrighted material.
* We will not allow discriminating, threatening, sexually explicit, shocking or malicious messages or images.
* We will not allow the posting of personal information (name, address, phone-number, etc..) regardless of yourself or others.
* Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For general topics this will be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting, use 12 hours as a guideline.
* We reserve the right to adjust these rules or any other rules on this page when situations occur where the rules can't be applied correctly.
* Decisions made by the U2start crew are final in any matter and can overrule (some of the) rules mentioned here.
Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure this website is not disrupted or abused in any way.
What we expect from you
We expect mutual respect between all users. This means you won't ever post something whilst taking advantage of someone 's behaviour, possible physical or mental handicaps, race or gender. Do not actively react to personal remarks by others and refrain from posting messages others might find offensive.
If you're gonna post an answer in topics where someone is asking something, please make sure you're answer is really helping and useful. No one is waiting for an answer like "I don't know either" when the question is asked how to upload a bootleg.
The rules regarding the sharing and trading of audio/video material
We do allow the sharing and trading of:
* bootlegs: audio recordings of U2 concerts, only if not appeared on any commercial release by U2 or any other third party.
* bootlegs: video recordings of U2 concerts, only if not appeared on any commercial release by U2 or any other third party.
* albums: unofficial outtakes from albums or any other U2 session like the 'Salome Outtakes' or the HTDAAB 'Beach Recordings'.
* other songs: your own personal remixes by U2 songs as long as it's really a remix and not equal to the U2 song with a fading end or something.
We do not allow the sharing and trading of:
* album songs, singles, b-sides or tracks that are part of any commercial release by U2 or any other third party.
* videos of released U2 DVD's or videos that are part of any commercial release by U2 or any other third party.
* audio versions of commercially released DVD's or videos, however, you may ask how you can rip the audio of your own bought DVD or video for your private purposes.
We do allow requests and trading of the following material through PM or e-mail but not in public of:
* songs that are part of the U2 fruitlegs which are not part of any commercial release by U2.
* remixes of U2 songs that are not part of any commercial release by U2.
* covers of U2 songs that are not part of any commercial release by U2.
We will remove the sharing and trading of material when:
* U2 or any other related body is requesting us to do so.
* The legitimate owner of any content is harmed in any way and is requesting us to do so.
* The crew debates about it and comes to a conclusion that we do not allow what you do, even if we approved it earlier.
Also while these trading rules cover most common requests or sharing topics, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure this website or any other related bodies are not disrupted or abused in any way.
What happens if the rules are violated
Messages can be adjusted, leaving a very short description of why and what was modified.
You can expect private messages from the crew with suggestions of how you can participate on making U2start a better place for everyone and why we did something related to your account (violation reason for example).
After several warnings, we can discuss your future presence on this website.
Using the website or forums, specific data will be collected on the visitors. These data will automatically become property of U2start but will not be sold or distributed to other parties without written concensus of the users. Where possible, we will use these data to adjust the website to match specific user-preferences. And, if needed, these data will also be used to ban you from the website.
If you disagree with the privacy-statement or the rules, please send a mail to remy at u2start.com stating you disagree and you do not want to use your account anymore. We will deactivate your account immediately, though only if you disagree before actively using this website or the forums.