1. There is a new You Too, you can vote for this new poll on the frontpage and discuss it in this thread.

The question of this new You Too is:

What do you think of the new U2.com subscriber's gift?
    - I think it's great and will purchase a subscription to get it
    - I think it's great but I would've purchased a subscription anyway
    - I don't know yet what to think of the subscription gift
    - There have been better gifts and I'll probably skip this one
    - There have been better but I would've skipped or purchased a subscription anyway

Please vote on the frontpage of the website, in this thread you can tell us why you voted for your answer.
    Your vote is valued! Thank you!
  2. [x] I think it's lame but I subscribe anyway.
  3. - There have been better gifts and I'll probably skip this one

It's useless for me. I wander if they know how many U2 bootlegs are circulating on the web. Has Edge ever been on here?
  4. I bet Edge has been all around the web.

They surely know about the boots, they also know people asking for official live releases, official bootlegs etc. and they know, U2 fans are collectors and like vinyl. U2 are from the vinyl generation.

And there are still an unimaginable amount of U2 fans having no idea about the huge bootleg community, how to get them or what even exists out there and that are thankful for things like this. In the end, it's finally another official release. And still better than DUALS in trade for $40.
  5. "It's great, but I would have purchased a subscription anyways."

I'm not too particularly interested in their earlier stuff, but this will make a nice addition to my small, but growing collection of U2 items. Also, this is my first vinyl, which I guess is exciting.
  6. Just love it.
  7. If it's a show that has no good bootleg, it'd be amazing. An unknown soundboard recording or something. Even if it isn't, I still think it's a nice gift that'll be nice to spin on the turntable.
  8. The idea of issuing old / vintage shows on vinyl is a great idea. It's probably my favourite 'gift' since Medium Rare And Remastered.
  9. Originally posted by drewhiggins:The idea of issuing old / vintage shows on vinyl is a great idea. It's probably my favourite 'gift' since Medium Rare And Remastered.
    mine, too. they should do this more often
  10. I don't have a vinyl player, but I really like the idea, so it's a great gift in my opinion, even if I want to re-subscribe anyway.
  11. I approve of the gift, but I don't know if I'll get it right now since I'm strapped for cash LOL. I hope they skip around and do this for most of the eras! That would be WILD.