1. With the tour announced we are happy to announce our ticket section. For those of you longer around than today, you know that we've had a similar section during 360. We spent some time now to further improve and re-think some of that and are happy to announce the best place on the internet where you can:

* Sell your U2 show tickets to other U2 fans
    * Trade your U2 show tickets to tickets for other shows
    * Subscribe to tickets: get an instant email or RSS notification when new tickets are offered for your favourite shows

Obviously this will only work with tickets that can be transferred! Check this before you offer your tickets.

Since we are a site that does not want to make any money (in fact, we're losing money), we also don't want our users making money out of other fans. That's why tickets can only be offered at face value, that means the original price and service costs only. Of course you may also ask for postage costs if you plan to sent your tickets to a buyer.

Here's how things work:

Listing tickets for a show
    On every show page of the new tour, a new tab is listed named "tickets". Here you can see all ticket offers for a show. You can see all kinds of details such as the costs, type of ticket (GA and seating) and personal message. You can quickly send a message to someone by clicking on the "Send a message" link:

Adding tickets for a show
    When you are on the "tickets" tab for a show, you can click on "Sell or trade tickets" to add new tickets. Fill out all details and press submit to make your ticket appear automatically. We will also notify any interested fans automatically by email and list your ticket offer on the homepage, shows page and in our RSS feeds:

Keep yourself posted of new tickets being offered
    If you are on the "tickets" tab of a show, you can see two buttons on the right:
    * Enable email notifications: get an email the moment a ticket is offered for this particular show (sell or trade)
    * RSS feed: subscribe to the tickets RSS feed to get a listing of all tickets offered for all shows, import this to a RSS reader or into some kind of push message application to be notified when there are new tickets

Also, you can:
    * See new ticket offers on our frontpage and shows page of the site
    * Follow our social channels to be informed of highlighted ticket offers

I personally got to trade a few tickets via U2start during the 360 tour and it worked really well! It's a great way to contribute to the U2 community and meet other fans.
    Enjoy, hope to see you on tour!
  2. Bump!

People, let's get this thing going I'm sure it will be really useful now that most nights 1&2 of the tour are virtually or totally sold out
  3. Hey guys, sounds like a great idea to me. Thanks a lot for setting this up
    This really makes me want to get tickets for both new dates in Paris now - it might not be money lost even if I finally can't make it...

Also, is this possible with e-tickets? I got one for Night 1 in Paris (from TicketMaster French store) and might get the same for the other dates.
  4. Originally posted by Thib6992:Hey guys, sounds like a great idea to me. Thanks a lot for setting this up
    This really makes me want to get tickets for both new dates in Paris now - it might not be money lost even if I finally can't make it...

Also, is this possible with e-tickets? I got one for Night 1 in Paris (from TicketMaster French store) and might get the same for the other dates.
    Yes, that should be possible. And you can specify it as well
  5. OK, thanks Remy. That's good news then
  6. This is absolutely amazing. Can't wait!
  7. I guess more trust has to be involved with e-tickets though... since it'd be easy for you to just print one and get there before the other person. This is why I got paper tickets.
  8. Yeah, there's always a risk. We can trust most of our regulars here I'd like to think. Just be wary of names you dont recognise I suppose. Not everybody is going to be out to get you, but there could be somebody.
  9. Fantastic addition

I'm interested in London 1 and 3 GAs if anyone has extra lying around!! I have subscribed to the relevant ticket pages.
  10. I'm totally ripping all of you off at the first chance I get
  11. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:[..]
    I guess more trust has to be involved with e-tickets though... since it'd be easy for you to just print one and get there before the other person. This is why I got paper tickets.
    True that's why I'd prefer trading on U2start over other sites, bigger chance you meet someone who isn't out on screwing you. And on the other hand for a seller it's likely that if you give your ticket to someone on U2start he or she will be earlier at the gates anyway
  12. Cool, added myself for Torino II and prefer cheap seats (34 or 74€), but could go with GA...