1. Our bootleg of the month deserves the best of the recordings, so now in our torrents sections we have the Remaster of the Thank U Too For The Fire source. You don't want to miss that one! Extra goodies: 8 sons from the show in Mannheim, Feb. 1 1985, including: Party Girl with perhaps the first time the snippet/extended improvisation is performed and Southern Man.
    BigGirl: I think this remaster is from the original vinyl that you're referring to. It's certainly better than the Godfather's edition, with the hiss removed.
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Our bootleg of the month deserves the best of the recordings, so now in our torrents sections we have the Remaster of the Thank U Too For The Fire source. You don't want to miss that one! Extra goodies: 8 sons from the show in Mannheim, Feb. 1 1985, including: Party Girl with perhaps the first time the snippet/extended improvisation is performed and Southern Man.
    BigGirl: I think this remaster is from the original vinyl that you're referring to. It's certainly better than the Godfather's edition, with the hiss removed.
    I'm actually planning to share my remaster later today. I also managed to get a good copy of the KOBRA CD edition (which is indeed sourced from the vinyl) but still with a few skips (f.i. in "Seconds" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday"). All these skips I fixed with my cassette copy of the vinyl.
    But most important, it is speed corrected with "4th Of July" as reference - and that, my friend, makes SO much difference
    You will hear "The Unforgettable Fire" almost as listening to the original and the you hear the audience response and realize, "O my gawd, now THIS was an incredible show!

Anyway, I just want to make sure all skips are now patched...
  3. Anyone knows the song the crowd is chanting at the encore break? Then Bono joins in and it sounds fantastic! Is that a football chant?
    Anyway, both remasters will be soon in our pages.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Anyone knows the song the crowd is chanting at the encore break? Then Bono joins in and it sounds fantastic! Is that a football chant?
    Anyway, both remasters will be soon in our pages.
    for me is a football chant ... typical in Italy and Netherlands
  5. Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks!
  6. Yes, very popular chant in that years!
  7. Do you know what they say, Davide? I'm just curious.
  8. audience sings simply: alè oo alè oo