1. To celebrate this month’s “Bootleg of The Month”, I would like to share with you my speed corrected remaster of the KOBRA CD Thank U too for the fire [KRCD 37-2].

U2
    Teatro Tenda Lampugnano
    Milan, Italy
    February 4, 1985

"CIRCUS ON FIRE"
    ("Thank U too for the fire" speed corrected & remastered)

PART 1: https://www.sendspace.com/file/r89gpz

PART 2: https://www.sendspace.com/file/87i5ku

LINEAGE: KOBRA [KRCD37-2] > CD-R > [Easy CD-DA Extractor] > WAV >
    [REMASTER] > speed corrention (-85/100 semitone)* [NERO GOLDWAVE] >
    EQ; VOL. ADJ.; generic noise reduction "Little" [PRISTINE SOUNDS] >
    EDIT^ > TRACK SPLIT > FLAC [Frontend "6"] >

Track list

01. [Intro: 4th Of July]
    02. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    03. I Will Follow
    04. Seconds
    05. Indian Summer Sky
    06. MLK
    07. The Unforgettable Fire
    08. Wire
    09. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    10. Cry-The Electric Co.
    11. A Sort Of Homecoming
    12. Bad
    13. October
    14. New Year's Day
    15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    16. Party Girl
    17. Gloria
    18. "40"

(fades between 10-11 & 15-16)

*reference is "4th of July", measured at exact points in wave file.

^additional patches in "Seconds" and "SBS" were made from a cassette copy
    of the original KOBRA vinyl's (TDK SA 90 > transfer using DCC 900).
  2. As I’ve already said in the dedicated topic, the KOBRA issue is in my opinion the best source for the Milan ’85 show. For over 25 years I have a copy of the original vinyl’s on an audio cassette, but the copy of the vinyl’s on the Thank U too for the fire CD by KOBRA is much better. I have to admit that I hadn’t been listening to this particular boot
    for a very long time but thanks to the “Bootleg of The Month” I have discovered it once again.
    I couldn’t help noticing though that the running speed of the recording seemed too fast. This time I figured that since the “4th Of July” was played over the PA, it should be possible to verify the running speed of the recording by comparing the recorded “4th of July” with the original. Having adjusted the KOBRA CD accordingly, I made some final equalization (no compression!) and slight volume adjustments. The only remaining issue was a few a skips in the recording that seemed to be caused by the transfer of the vinyl’s on the CD. Those I patched with my copy of the vinyl’s.
    To hear this legendary first Italian U2 concert with the corrected speed was truly amazing for myself and I hope you will enjoy this remaster just as much as I do!

PS: artwork is included in the first .rar file
    PS2: the back is supposed to be rotated like that
  3. Thanks for the remaster, BigGirl! This is now in our pages, here.
  4. Another good remaster. Although you have to change the equalizer settings. One of the best TUF recordings, after Bologna (05-02) and Chigaco (21-03)
    Great show, the Italians singing like they are backingvocals. Bono had some troubles with some high notes during TUF and Bad.

5. Thanks! Not sure, however, what you mean with "changing the equalizer settings." High? Low? Mid? I actually use a digital equalizer that can be modified accross the complete spectrum.

The difficult thing is that it's all a matter of personal preference and taste. Our hearing is much more subjective than our sight (and even sight is proven to be not so objective - "the dress").
  6. The dress was full of trolls though claiming it was white and gold
  7. Indeed a matter of personal taste and audio equipment. In my case for this recording some more high tones and less bass and tow tones.

Together with Bologna my favorite TUF recordings. Altough Glasgow is also very good.

8. In fact there is a scientific basis to explain that some people do indeed see white and gold, while objectively the dress is blue and black...
  9. Nevertheless, a very good recording, great performance and 7 TUF songs with the best audio of TUF tour.