1. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    Yeah interesting that, I was reading it a little earlier. Not sure of the practicalities of these pouches, especially at larger venues, or if it will catch on more mainstream, but it's good to see someone take a stand, it will be interesting to hear how it pans out.

Personally, I think it's a losing battle, and people need to learn to regulate their own behaviour somewhat and learn to live in the moment.

Another worry is if it does catch on, it could backfire for people like us who like watching live material, and perhaps be far less material readily available, and as someone who enjoys watching U2 live bootlegs and all these amazing multicams like pretty much everyone here I'd imagine, it's not a good thing obviously, but neither is the sea of phones and devices. It's tricky for sure.

If these pouch things do take off or policies become stricter, and artists begin supporting them en masse, I just hope there always be those people who will sneak stuff in and film covertly.
    I agree with it being a discipline thing. Just learn tp put your phone away when the band is close to you.. Have that personal connection.

2. Originally posted by mofothethird:[..]
    I agree with it being a discipline thing. Just learn tp put your phone away when the band is close to you.. Have that personal connection.
    The U2 crowd of old - before the advent of the cell phones. I'm in there somewhere as are a few others here on U2Start

3. When I saw David Gilmour at The Royal Albert Hall a couple of years back they asked the audience to refrain from using mobile phones. I was amazed to see that virtually everyone did except when he finished with Comfortably Numb, when the lasers were switched on. It made a pleasant change.
  4. I am torn on this.

I just snap a couple of quick shots and put my phone away. But without the people videoing it, I wouldn't be able to re-live it after the show. I find the experience is amazing but fleeting, and is really helped with seeing video of what you just saw. Plus, I really want a copy of Red Hill Mining Town as reworked for this tour on MP3.

U2 has done a good job repurposing this distraction, making the lights of the phones part of the experience, like the lighters of yesteryear. But it is annoying when someone is blocking you or using their full light on their screen...if you are going to shoot, turn your screen down all the way.
  5. Even tribute bands... This is Edo's (Achtung Babies guitar player) latest facebook post:

6. There's a sea of phones in front of the photographer (and probably another sea behind him). They're all taking the same pic and/or crappy video of the same moment, a crappy vid/photo they'll probably share on an even crappier social media like Instacrap or Facebook and then forget about it for the rest of their lives...