1. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]
    I was back at the mixing desk yesterday and saw this happen around me, too... when streets picked up (you know, that moment where the crowd is supposed to bounce), I actually started jumping and yelled "put your phones down, you cunts, and jump"

mind you, those people holding the phones were all 40-ish men and women...

at this point I've come to the conclusion that a couple of pics with your phone, maybe even a short clip, are okay, but I saw some people record nearly everything (and from so far back, what is the damn point??), and you know what? it's not worth it. as good as phones are these days, they're still too shitty to give a satisfying result... if you have a (semi) professional camera with you and it's your hobby, go for it. at least those results will actually be worth looking at even years after the show.
    Agreed. Both nights in Amsterdam and Dublin I filmed maybe 30 seconds each night. Took 1 pic and thats it, the rest of the show I was jumping singing my heart out, had no voice at the end of the show. That is how I want to remember a concert, not looking through a cellphone screen. People like Remy (and my dad) can actually make pictures/videos so thats fine, as long as it looks professional. There was a guy in front of me on night 1 in Amsterdam who was filming the whole show.
  2. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:[..]
    Agreed. Both nights in Amsterdam and Dublin I filmed maybe 30 seconds each night. Took 1 pic and thats it, the rest of the show I was jumping singing my heart out, had no voice at the end of the show. That is how I want to remember a concert, not looking through a cellphone screen. People like Remy (and my dad) can actually make pictures/videos so thats fine, as long as it looks professional. There was a guy in front of me on night 1 in Amsterdam who was filming the whole show.
    I agree, short video clips of your favourite songs and that is fine, something to remember when looking back but it's just ridiculous the amount of phones out at concerts for an extended period of time. I saw Coldplay in Melbourne late last year and the teens were just looking through phones the whole show.....Chris at one point even said "Put down your fuckin phones for one song" hahaha which reminded me of this...

3. Sao Paulo

4. Let the first wolrd tour dudes take photos. They have 3 hundred concerts to go.

I didn't take a single photo in Sao Paulo.
  5. i use my smartphone for max 10 minutes at concerts, concerts are for music not for filming , recording and some pics ok but ears and eyes must stay pay attention to music and show,imo
  6. Eyes to see
    Heart to feel
    Phone to call
  7. Originally posted by bazzzz:i use my smartphone for max 10 minutes at concerts, concerts are for music not for filming , recording and some pics ok but ears and eyes must stay pay attention to music and show,imo
    +100000000000000..
  8. Last week I was at a The National Show (it was a quite average performance, but that's for a different topic), but I almost did not see any people taking out phones to capture the show. I was thinking that it might have something to do with how big and famous U2 is, compared other artists. This might be why so many people reach out for their phones during U2 shows.
  9. They should invest in some kind of technology that would make cell cameras not function properly when facing any part of the stage. Some type of infrared thing that would just make your cell phone camera appear all white or black and take really bad photos.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:They should invest in some kind of technology that would make cell cameras not function properly when facing any part of the stage. Some type of infrared thing that would just make your cell phone camera appear all white or black and take really bad photos.
    Then people would spend the whole 2 hours of the show searching Yahoo Answers to fix their cell phone cameras