1. Originally posted by Faceman2000:[..]
    Dang it, Night and Day would've been a good one! Wild Irish Rose was the only non-album track I could think of at the time.

And the explanations are fun - I appreciated the commentary others put in their setlists earlier. Makes it a lot easier for me to imagine the concert in my head, which is half the fun in my opinion.
    For me, I was going to make Passengers songs The Best of 1990-2000 songs and maybe use some of the later 80s b-sides to fill in some of the 1990s/early 2000s material. Chronologically it doesn't quite work but for non-album tracks (and even album tracks, since you end up with albums with differing numbers of tracks as 'counterparts') you do have to fudge the facts a tad...

I intend to add comments to my setlists too, I just didn't have time on the last one. The comments are a lot of fun to read.
  2. I like this game.

New Key:

(2017) Boy = Songs of Experience
    (2014) October = Songs of Innocence
    (2009) War = NLOTH
    (2004) TUF = HTDAAB
    (2000) The Joshua Tree = ATYCLB
    (1997) Rattle and Hum = Pop
    (1993) Achtung Baby = Zooropa
    (1991) Zooropa = Achtung Baby
    (1988) Pop = Rattle and Hum
    (1987) All That You Can't Leave Behind = The Joshua Tree
    (1984) How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb = TUF
    (1983) No Line on the Horizon = War
    (1981) Songs of Innocence = October
    (1980) Songs of Experience = Boy
  3. Boy Tour, 2018

The show begins with a slow, short, beautiful new song and quickly goes into two of the most energetic tracks from the new album.
    1. (LIAWHL) The Ocean
    2. (TBO) I Will Follow
    3. (LOH) Twilight

Next, a couple of hits from their earlier albums to keep the energy going!
    4. (IWF) You’re the Best Thing About Me
    5. (Gloria) The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)

It hasn't missed a concert since it became a huge hit in 2001, and the streak continues!
    6. (BD) Where the Streets Have No Name

Now we get to the narrative portion of the show. Love Is All We Have Left from their first album back in 1980 serves as an intro to a pair of songs featured on their previous tour (the October Tour).
    7. (Ocean) Love is All We Have Left
    8. (Iris) Tomorrow
    9. (CR) I Fall Down

A slow, stripped down version of a song involving wars between the nations is played that segues into a rather dark song from one of the greatest albums, Zooropa, to close off the first half.
    10. (SBS) Get On Your Boots
    11. (UTEOTW) Dirty Day

We are treated to a remix of a song that was almost on Achtung Baby in 1993 and some comic book-like animations during the intermission.

Intermission - Lady With The Spinning Head

The band returns with a trio of hits!
    12. (Elev) Bullet the Blue Sky
    13. (Vert) Pride (In the Name of Love)
    14. (Desire) Gone

The live debut of the only song never played live from Zooropa follows next. Fans have been asking for it for years and they finally got their wish!
    15. (Acro) Some Days Are Better Than Others

U2 play the lead single from their new album in a stripped back, acoustic arrangement where Larry plays the bongos.
    16. (YTBTAM) Out of Control (acoustic)

We are treated to a rare appearance of a song from Rattle and Hum, the band's 1997 album which has been neglected in recent years.
    17. (SATS) All I Want Is You

It transitions into one of their biggest hits from 80's, Vertigo.
    18. (Pride) Vertigo

A pair of new songs that go together quite well and help close out the main set.
    19. (GOOYOW) An Cat Dubh
    20. (AS) Into the Heart
    21. (COBL) Bad

The encore features a classic from the 90s and the last two songs off the new album to close out the night.
    22. (One) Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    23. (LIBTAIIW) The Electric Co
    24. (13) Shadows and Tall Trees

This tour is notable for the first tour since the 80s not to feature Beautiful Day or any songs from All That You Can't Leave Behind, the album that put U2 on the map.
  4. Wow, this is pretty cool
  5. YEHAW! My favorite topic is back... I’ll be playing along shortly.
  6. The legacy of this thread is bigger than the movie.
  7. 2015-05-14 - Vancouver, British Columbia

1. Gloria (=The Miracle)
    Opening the show and the tour appropriately enough with the upbeat, spiritually-themed anthem that opens their new album October. Despite the controversy over October's release in iTunes, few people can resist excitement as Gloria kicks off the experience!

2. Lights of Home (=Out of Control)
    Into the back catalogue with the former-staple, now-rarity, forever-classic Lights of Home, a song about life and mortality from their debut album that Bono introduces as "our first single." As it was released on an EP, fans debate whether Lights of Home is truly a single or not - but not whether it deserves its position as a U2 classic.

3. Pride (In the Name of Love) (=Vertigo)
    The band's last smash-hit, Pride gets the crowd going like just about nothing else can.

4. Red Flag Day (=I Will Follow)
    Another classic banger from their first LP, Red Flag Day has never missed a U2 tour. It's one of very few warhorses fans don't seem to ever tire of.

5. Tomorrow (=Iris)
    6. I Threw a Brick Through a Window (=Cedarwood Road)
    7. I Fall Down (=Song For Someone)
    Three songs from October, performed in a visually-arresting and emotionally-surging segment. These songs deal with the loss of Bono's mother, rough-and-tumble teenage years in Dublin, and falling in love.

8. Get On Your Boots (=Sunday Bloody Sunday)
    A classic song, penned in response to international tension in the early 80s, rearranged in a more sparse style here. It's not well-received by many hardcore fans, but leads into an interesting segue...

9. With a Shout (Jerusalem) (=Raised By Wolves)
    This fast-paced, hard-hitting new song looks for faith in the face of fear. Despite some fumbling from Bono, it looks poised to be highlight of the show, especially as it transitions to...

10. Numb (=Until the End of the World)
    For this song, Edge enters the screen to deliver lead vocals, complemented by some spectacular visual effects. Ending the first half of the show, Numb doesn't really resolve the questions of fear, hope, faith, violence, and mortality - sometimes, it's all too much for someone to take in. U2, as usual, like to make a statement.

11. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock (=Invisible)
    Following an intermission, U2 return with this recent non-album track. Although a lot of the casual fans seem a bit lost, it shows U2 still have a lot to offer when it comes to epic rockers.

12. Some Days Are Better Than Others (=Even Better Than the Real Thing)
    13. Mysterious Ways (=Mysterious Ways)
    A pair of songs throwing back to the ZooTV era - funky, fun classics Some Days Are Better Than Others, successfully revitalized on the previous U2360 Tour and performed in a similar style here, and Mysterious Ways, one of only two Achtung Baby songs to achieve any real success. These songs set the mood moving on from the more serious first half - now it's time for a party!

14. Discothèque (=Desire)
    Did somebody say party? Discothèque, one of the few Pop songs to be regularly-played, delights fans in returning in an arrangement more similar to the original, rather than being stripped down as has been typical on the past few tours.

15. Electrical Storm (=Sweetest Thing)
    Another non-album track, which, despite being a hit single, was never a live staple. Many fans appreciate the novelty, but it's also pointed out that... it's just never managed to work as a great LIVE song.

16. October (=Every Breaking Wave)
    A gentle, haunting interlude from the newest album of the same name. Despite being short, this piano tune is fraught with emotion from Bono. This little song gives way to...

17. New York (=Bullet the Blue Sky)
    A driven, loud-guitar classic from the band's best-loved album. The worries of the show's first half are brought back the fore with this song, in which Bono conflates the external with the internal. This is a new, extended version, in which Bono examines himself through a semi-fictional midlife crisis.

18. Vertigo (=Pride)
    One of U2's all-time classics returns. While many fans are weary of hearing it, it does inject a major uplift into the show following Bono's ranting in New York.

19. Stranger In a Strange Land (=The Troubles)
    Another new cut, Stranger In a Strange Land sort of concludes the internal/external struggle with the world by "wish[ing] you were here" - a very personal, very U2 thing to do. Despite being considered a highlight of the show by many, it never really catches on in the set.

20. Walk On (=With or Without You)
    U2's classic ballad ends the main set. Another warhorse many fans have grown tired of, but seeming a bit more alive than on the previous tour.

21. Bad (=City of Blinding Lights)
    22. Where the Streets Have No Name (=Beautiful Day)
    23. Beautiful Day (=Where the Streets Have No Name)
    The encore is a run of some of U2's most surging, anthemic songs - two recent-hits-turned-classics followed by what some would call their signature song.

24. Stuck In a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of (=I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For)
    The show ends on another 1987 tune. Always a favorite for crowd singalongs, it feels a bit of an odd choice to end the show. What are they trying to say?

Disclaimer:
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Yeah, I didn't replace Mysterious Ways. I reckoned Mysterious Ways was going to be a bigger hit and have way more staying power than Babyface, or just about any other comparable Zooropa track. Also, the non-album tracks don't quite line up. One must fudge these things.
  8. (10-15-14) (October Acoustic Promo Tour)

1. Gloria (acoustic, just Bono and Edge)
    2. October (Edge on Piano w/Strings)
    3. I Threw A Brick Through A Window (acoustic and full band w/Strings)
    4. I Fall Down (Edge on Piano w/Strings)
    5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (electric version)
  9. 2001-09-01 (Slane Castle) (The Joshua Tree Tour)

The Boys return to the place they started out from, the 2001 Joshua Tree Tour in Slane Castle

1. With or Without You (Elevation) - A beautiful kickoff to the show with the fans doing the "Oh Oh Oh's in the Background in the end of the set segueing into

2. Where The Streets Have No Name (Beautiful Day) (Another rocking song as well. Seeing 2 new favorites being kicked off at the same time.

3. Numb (Until The End of The World) (Edge takes vocals in this one)

4. Magnificent (New Year's Day) (Bono returns to play the favorite 1983 hit from No Line on The Horizon, a big crowd pleasing hit that gets the crowd going)

5. Lights of Home (Out of Control) (A driven version from their first LP Single, as the crowd sing along to it, during the guitar bridge. Bono thanks his family including his father and even the band's family for their start)

6. Get On Your Boots (Sunday Bloody Sunday) (Another 1983 song that created moments for Red Rocks and even in the 1987 Denver Show, it creates another moment as Bono rants about the 1998 bombing)

7. Heartland (Wake Up Deadman) (Band quiet up the noise by playing an electric verse of Heartland which leads into)

8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of) (crowd sing energetically with this version, another single from the Joshua Tree)

9. Running To Stand Still (Kite) (Song is dedicated to Bono's father who passed away, he sings the song with such emotion)

10. Staring At The Sun (Angel of Harlem) (Band go onto some Pop Music from 1988, the first verse is played by Bono and Edge, then full band comes in in electric arrangement)

11. Discotheque (Desire) (A stripped down-acoustic full band version)

12. Angel of Harlem (Staring at The Sun) (Just like Discotheque, the song is also stripped down, but only Bono and Edge play it together)

13. Please (All I Want Is You) (Band return to play the political version of Please)

14. Beautiful Day (Where The Streets Have No Name) (Bono's shouts of Please lead to the opening guitar chords of Beautiful Day from their 1987 hit All That You Can't Leave Behind.

15. Lemon (Mysterious Ways) (Dedicated to Bono's mother and now father, Bono's daughter Eve joins the band on stage dancing with his dad).

16. Vertigo (Pride (In The Name of Love) (A crowd pleasing hit to end the main-set)

Encore:
    17. New York (Bullet The Blue Sky) (The encore kicks off with Political New York with Bono ranting about the Real IRA in New York)
    18. Elevation (With or Without You) (Another song that gets the Crowd going, still a big hit since 1987 and it still is.
    19. Stay (Faraway So Close) (One) (A great melody with the crowd doing the "Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh chants)
    20. In God's Country (Walk On) (And what a way to end the show with In God's Country, a nice finish to close it out)
  10. (6-29-85) (Dublin)

Setlist:
    1. Invisible (11 O'clock Tick Tock)
    2. You're The Best Thing About Me (I Will Follow)
    3. Breathe (Seconds)
    4. Yahweh (MLK)
    5. Original of The Species (The Unforgettable Fire)
    6. All Because of You (Wire)
    7. Get On Your Boots (Sunday Bloody Sunday)
    8. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way (The Electric Co)
    9. Miracle Drug (A Sort of Homecoming)
    10. City of Blinding Lights (Bad)
    11. Every Breaking Wave (October)
    12. Magnificent (New Year's Day)
    13. Vertigo (Pride (In The Name of Love)

Encore:
    14. My Hometown (Bruce Springsteen Cover)
    15. Lights Of Home (Out of Control)
    16. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) (Gloria)
    17. Moment of Surrender (40)
  11. Rattle And Hum Tour (April 25, 1997) (First Night)

Setlist:
    1. Hawkmoon 269 (MOFO)
    2. You're The Best Thing About Me (I Will Follow)
    3. Some Days Are Better Than Others (Even Better Than The Real Thing)
    4. When Love Comes To Town (Do You Feel Loved?)
    5. Vertigo (Pride (In The Name of Love)
    6. Stuck In A Moment (I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For)
    7. Helter Skelter (Last Night on Earth)
    8. All Along The Watchtower (Gone)
    9. Dirty Day (Until The End of The World)
    10. Love Rescue Me (If God Will Send His Angels)
    11. Angel of Harlem (Staring At The Sun)
    12. Daydream Believer (karaoke)
    13. God Part II (Miami)
    14. New York (Bullet The Blue Sky)
    15. All I Want Is You (Please)
    16. Beautiful Day (Where The Streets Have No Name)

Encore:
    17. Desire (Discotheque)
    18. Heartland (If You Wear That Velvet Dress)
    19. Walk On (With or Without You)
    20. Spanish Eyes (Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)
    21. Lemon (Mysterious Ways)
    22. Stay (Faraway So Close) (One)
  12. All That You Can't Leave Behind Tour (First Night, April 2, 1987)

Setlist:
    01 Beautiful Day
    02 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    03 The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    04 You're The Best Thing About Me
    05 New York
    06 Kite
    07 When I Look At The World
    08 Elevation
    09 Miracle Drug
    10 Get On Your Boots
    11 Maggie's Farm