1. Originally posted by hoserama:Honestly, if I were to do this, I'd pick one show that had high quality recording and performance, and get that polished up as much as possible. Then have a follow-up compilation with all of the "wild card" songs performed after mysterious ways. Include a full set for OOC/Gloria/Electric Co + each of the closers + Bad/AIWIY + Miracle Drug, and you've basically got the whole thing.

I think having "show" compilation of songs from different shows mixed together will have them sound significantly different. Makes it distracting. Unless you have access to nice soundboard or iem mixes and can make it sound relatively uniform.
    I get you but... It's just a fun bootleg, I don't see why polish that much... The only down sides will be if something from Montreal wins, because we only have one bootleg with a nice quality of audio.... All bootlegs from this tour are basicaly 4 or 4.5 stars, I don't think will sound that different one track to another, if put a little fade in and out in every track will be even less different in my opinion
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:Honestly, if I were to do this, I'd pick one show that had high quality recording and performance, and get that polished up as much as possible. Then have a follow-up compilation with all of the "wild card" songs performed after mysterious ways. Include a full set for OOC/Gloria/Electric Co + each of the closers + Bad/AIWIY + Miracle Drug, and you've basically got the whole thing.

I think having "show" compilation of songs from different shows mixed together will have them sound significantly different. Makes it distracting. Unless you have access to nice soundboard or iem mixes and can make it sound relatively uniform.
    The other way to do it is a lot more fun, although honestly I wouldn't be really interested in actually listen to that, probably ever.

Your suggestion is what I have already considered doing in order to listen to it every once in a while.

Either way it's a great idea for me... I'm interested to see the result of any or both style compilations.
  3. Well some of us try to make our audio productions to be as high of quality as possible, but I get that not everybody is as much of a perfectionist as I am.

Would disagree strongly that all recordings from this tour are 4-4.5, but to each their own.
  4. Originally posted by cqleonardo:[..]
    I get you but... It's just a fun bootleg, I don't see why polish that much... The only down sides will be if something from Montreal wins, because we only have one bootleg with a nice quality of audio.... All bootlegs from this tour are basicaly 4 or 4.5 stars, I don't think will sound that different one track to another, if put a little fade in and out in every track will be even less different in my opinion
    I think fade ins and outs are best avoided. The compilation must be "seamless." The only time I will fade out is at the end of a disc - that is assuming we would still make this to fit on CD's. CD's are (obviously) a bit old school but when I make compilations, I still break them up into approximately 80-minute intervals.