1. Originally posted by pontneuf:[..]

Why the lack of love for Stuck in a Moment? It was amazing at NY night 2. One of the highlights of the two shows I was at.
    On the contrary, I love Stuck in a Moment. It's easy to make fun of it because it has been played on practically any appearance on TV, but I wish they bring it back instead of Sweetest Thing.
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    On the contrary, I love Stuck in a Moment. It's easy to make fun of it because it has been played on practically any appearance on TV, but I wish they bring it back instead of Sweetest Thing.
    At this point, even I would be in favour of bringing back Stuck instead of Sweetest Thing.
  3. SOI has become one of my top 3 U2 albums, so I would've loved if they had kept all the other SOI songs in the mix. One of the top 3 moments of the tour for me was the Crystal Ballroom - Miss You medley.

It definitely upsets me that they dropped all those songs.

On the other hand, I really love that the show is still based on SOI. What's left from SOI is still the core of the narrative. I can't see the comparisons to 360 at all. In there there were some NLOTH songs here and there, but you could replace them and those shows would've still being the same; not the ie tour.
    From the ooooh-ooooh-oooh's transitioning from Patti Smith and Joey Ramone to U2, to taking a trip to Dublin, to finding ourselves in the middle of a tragedy in Raised By Wolves, this tour is still based in "the new songs" and they're not just there because well, there's supposed to be a couple of them in somewhere in there.

I miss the Crystal Ballroom, The Troubles, Lucifer's Hands... but whatever, we already have them in a couple of bootlegs, so we can listen to them when we want to anyway. The band gave it enough importance to the new material and they're happy with the way the crowd accepted it. That's what counts for me. They're still strong.
  4. Bloodraven, what I mean by saying it is like 360...is it is following similar patterns. The same old warhorses being dragged out again and again. The sonic landscape of the songs is quite similar to 360. Zoo TV/Pop/Elevation/Vertigo all had a different feel and emotion. This really feels like 360 in an arena to me. But it's ok that we differ!
  5. Originally posted by pleasegone:Bloodraven, what I mean by saying it is like 360...is it is following similar patterns. The same old warhorses being dragged out again and again. The sonic landscape of the songs is quite similar to 360. Zoo TV/Pop/Elevation/Vertigo all had a different feel and emotion. This really feels like 360 in an arena to me. But it's ok that we differ!
    I can't see how you can say that at all. 360 was a spectacle. They called it a spaceship! The i&e Tour is about where you grew up...
  6. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    I can't see how you can say that at all. 360 was a spectacle. They called it a spaceship! The i&e Tour is about where you grew up...
    Yes, the theme of the tour is different, but the sound and performances sound more like 360 than any other tour. The setlist pattern is a few new songs with tons of songs they have been playing over and over. COBL, Beautiful Day, I Will Follow, EBTTRT...around 15-17 songs played on 360 each night are being played each night on this tour. ...maybe 14 or so played nearly every show. As much as I'd love a show of B-Sides and rarely played songs, I know that is never gonna happen. But this tour is a bit too heavy on songs recently played to death. And it started with a lot of promise. Where has Two Hearts Beat As One gone? California? Still, the show as is, is still a great show. I just wish it was a few less warhorses, maybe 14-15 huge hits, 6-8 new songs, and 3-5 rotating songs.
  7. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    Yes, the theme of the tour is different, but the sound and performances sound more like 360 than any other tour. The setlist pattern is a few new songs with tons of songs they have been playing over and over. COBL, Beautiful Day, I Will Follow, EBTTRT...around 15-17 songs played on 360 each night are being played each night on this tour. ...maybe 14 or so played nearly every show. As much as I'd love a show of B-Sides and rarely played songs, I know that is never gonna happen. But this tour is a bit too heavy on songs recently played to death. And it started with a lot of promise. Where has Two Hearts Beat As One gone? California? Still, the show as is, is still a great show. I just wish it was a few less warhorses, maybe 14-15 huge hits, 6-8 new songs, and 3-5 rotating songs.
    totally agree
  8. Originally posted by pleasegone:Yes, the theme of the tour is different, but the sound and performances sound more like 360 than any other tour. The setlist pattern is a few new songs with tons of songs they have been playing over and over. COBL, Beautiful Day, I Will Follow, EBTTRT...around 15-17 songs played on 360 each night are being played each night on this tour. ...maybe 14 or so played nearly every show. As much as I'd love a show of B-Sides and rarely played songs, I know that is never gonna happen. But this tour is a bit too heavy on songs recently played to death. And it started with a lot of promise. Where has Two Hearts Beat As One gone? California? Still, the show as is, is still a great show.
    I kind of agree with you, but I still can't see your point...

Anyway, just one comment, they're doing what you wish they'd do, right?

14-15 huge hits:

1. IWF?
    2. Vertigo
    3. SBS
    4. UTEOTW
    5. EBTTRT
    6. MW
    7. Elevation*/Desire*
    8. TST*/AOH*
    9. BTBS?
    10. Streets
    11. Pride
    12. WOWY
    13. COBL?
    14. BD
    15. Still*/One*/Bad?*

(not even sure I'd call some of these "huge" hits, but lets say they are...)

---

6-8 new songs:

1. Joey
    2. Iris
    3. Cedarwood
    4. SFS
    5. Wolves
    6. Invisible
    7. EBW

3-5 rotating songs:

1. OOC/TEC/Gloria
    2. Elevation/Desire
    3. TST/AOH
    4. Sill/One/Bad+40
  9. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

[..]

14-15 huge hits:

1. IWF?
    2. Vertigo
    3. SBS
    4. UTEOTW
    5. EBTTRT
    6. MW
    7. Elevation*/Desire*
    8. TST*/AOH*
    9. BTBS?
    10. Streets
    11. Pride
    12. WOWY
    13. COBL?
    14. BD
    15. Still*/One*/Bad?*

---

6-8 new songs:

1. Joey
    2. Iris
    3. Cedarwood
    4. SFS
    5. Wolves
    6. Invisible
    7. EBW

3-5 rotating songs:

1. OOC/TEC/Gloria
    2. Elevation/Desire
    3. TST/AOH
    4. Sill/One/Bad+40
    I don't mind this scheme: greatest hits + 7 new songs + 4 rotational songs. It's the poor offer in the e-stage rotational songs what bothers me.
  10. I can see where people are coming from with lack of setlist variation...and yet, I continue to think of Zoo TV and PopMart. Both incredible spectacles, both containing a clear theme, both having a "narrative" of sorts...and both having a very standard setlist from night to night. Love these tours, and love this current tour, too. It's been said before, but it's a good thing that live streams of shows were not possible back in 1992.
  11. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

[..]

14-15 huge hits:

1. IWF?
    2. Vertigo
    3. SBS
    4. UTEOTW
    5. EBTTRT
    6. MW
    7. Elevation*/Desire*
    8. TST*/AOH*
    9. BTBS?
    10. Streets
    11. Pride
    12. WOWY
    13. COBL?
    14. BD
    15. Still*/One*/Bad?*

---

6-8 new songs:

1. Joey
    2. Iris
    3. Cedarwood
    4. SFS
    5. Wolves
    6. Invisible
    7. EBW

3-5 rotating songs:

1. OOC/TEC/Gloria
    2. Elevation/Desire
    3. TST/AOH
    4. Sill/One/Bad+40
    I think that what pleasegone tried to say that 14/15 huge hits , 6/8 new songs and 3/5 rotation songs , but this not have to be the huge hits ..if not you will have 19 huge hits :
    The roation have to be :

California , Ordinary love , Two hearts beat as one, Miracle drug , Magnificent , C Ballroom, Lucifer s hands , Zoo station, Troubles , etc
  12. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I don't mind this scheme: greatest hits + 7 new songs + 4 rotational songs. It's the poor offer in the e-stage rotational songs what bothers me.
    Cesar I agree 100%. I have no problem with 95% of the core show staying static. But the rotational sets have become almost as routine because you know you're getting a mere coin toss.

You hear the first 3 chords of Desire and you know exactly what's coming next, as well as what you have no chance of hearing. There's is ZERO wondering and zero surprise in the air.

And as a result, I'm just not compelled to stream in live anymore.

During Leg 1, this wasn't the case.

I remember being at MSG when they played October and I completely lost my fucking mind... precisely because I wasn't expecting it and because they hadn't played it in 26 years. Not because it was part of an A-B-C rotation. 38 times later it's still a lovely song, but it just doesn't have the same effect.

I remember Periscoping when they pulled out Two Hearts Beat As One. Just the gesture of "we're gonna change it up / take a chance" for me changes the atmosphere of a show.

And it's not like they don't have tons of options:

-Sleep Like A Baby Tonight would be a phenomenal “Love Is Blindness-esque” set closer of some sort, but it could also be a great e-stage Edge on dual piano / guitar song.

-This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now could be a great e-stage acoustic guitar singalong.

-I wish they played California half as much as Elevation on the e-stage. It’s one of the best (and only) straightforward rockers they’ve written since Beautiful Day.

-Walk On has fallen off the face of the earth. Could be great full band, or Edge on piano.