1. Unless of course you are the champions, then you expect your side to play with flair and keep you on the edge of your seat, not grind out results each week.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:That leads me to us. Are we the problem? I mentioned already that we are the 1%. We are the die hards that are hard to impress. We have been through this so many times yet here we are checking in every night to see what the band didn’t play. But we are still here, still going to multiple shows and still having a blast. Isn’t that what’s important?
    Whose problem? I don't think the band has any problem with having some hard to impress fans.
    Being hard to impress might be a problem if you focus on that instead of trying to enjoy what you can realistically expect, but that's up to anybody.
    Being hard to impress and being very vocal about it complaining constantly in a U2 fan forum it's kind of a problem for the rest of the fans... it's like being the Westboro Church in the middle of a party. Just like in that example, it's only a problem when there's enough of them that it's impossible to ignore them.

But being hard to impress while objectively realizing that you can actually enjoy what's there despite its obvious shortcomings, it's no problem at all.
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    Whose problem? I don't think the band has any problem with having some hard to impress fans.
    Being hard to impress might be a problem if you focus on that instead of trying to enjoy what you can realistically expect, but that's up to anybody.
    Being hard to impress and being very vocal about it complaining constantly in a U2 fan forum it's kind of a problem for the rest of the fans... it's like being the Westboro Church in the middle of a party. Just like in that example, it's only a problem when there's enough of them that it's impossible to ignore them.

But being hard to impress while objectively realizing that you can actually enjoy what's there despite its obvious shortcomings, it's no problem at all.
    My thinking being that those who do complain about the setlists should often look at themselves for their source of disappointment rather than the band. This angle of thought is what made me take a step back and realise that there is much more to a show than statistics.

The band owe me nothing and I expect nothing in return.
  4. Originally posted by iTim:Unless of course you are the champions, then you expect your side to play with flair and keep you on the edge of your seat, not grind out results each week.
    ...yes... but then it's again a matter of personal opinion/taste... what's more exciting? Elevation or Lucifer's Hands? Angel of Harlem or Crystal Ballroom? for all of us (?) it's obviously LH and TCB, but most of the people will say that Elevation and AOH are the ones with more flair and exciting by far, no brainers actually.

Even small things like Shine Like Stars... when Bono went for it, you can hear the audience confused still singing the woooh oooh oooh ooohs, because that's what they found more exciting.

In the football example, I'll dare to say that we actually want less "flair" and more "tactical chess type" of football, the one you need to be more of a connoisseur to actually enjoy it... which is what most people would perceive as grinding out results each week...
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    My thinking being that those who do complain about the setlists should often look at themselves for their source of disappointment rather than the band. This angle of thought is what made me take a step back and realise that there is much more to a show than statistics.

The band owe me nothing and I expect nothing in return.
    Exactly. Like I said, great write up, very unbiased.