1. Might already be a thread for this..

Do you guys think Bono will actually play guitar again? One and The Fly are really taking a hit to this. Even some of the new songs feel different, as good as they sound, Cedarwood Road in particular, even the acoustic in Lucifer's Hands.
  2. One sounds better in it's more simplistic form. Cedarwood lacks a little but otherwise I can't say many would even notice that Bono isn't playing.
  3. yeah, I hardly notice it
  4. I didn't notice it at all.
  5. He added a lot to The Fly during Vertigo and 360.
    Other than that : not really...
  6. not saying this has to do with his guitar playing skills (we all make our jokes, but come on), but I do genuinely think all the songs that have been played so far - and which usually have bono play guitar, too - sound better without it. I'm talking one, the fly, even cedarwood road, if he was supposed to play guitar there (to me, the album version sounds WAY too busy, enjoy the live version much more).

I'm sure he misses it composing new songs, so I hope for his sake he can pick it up again, but otherwise... no loss for me as a listener.
  7. They debuted The Fly at your house ?!
  8. yeah, over ten years ago, in my DVD player, some show in boston...
  9. I live less than 10 minutes away from Angel's Stadium, so I guess they did debut The Fly during 360 at my house.
  10. Jana, I thought you were talking about this tour when you said "all the songs that have been played so far".
  11. you know the fly hasn't been played this tour, but without bono on guitar before, so... anyway, you get my point.