1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Damn security

I haven't had the time to read it in full but I can already say: great interview, and congrats for the FOTM title! Thanks for delighting us with your presence around the forums, here's to many more years
    Cheers to you! Not to damn security...

2. How different is U2 compared to other artists that you like?
    But U2 transcends it all. They have the ability to constantly change and reinvent and never get tired, while also keeping the magic power of moving people in everything they do. They keep the human element in superstardom. They always feel close to you. They always relate to you. Like an old friend...

Great interview, and so well said!
  3. BTW... Here is the picture mentioned in interview that my friend took.

4. Great!
    I have a tendency to agree with your opinions in the forums

Originally posted by Remy:I remember when Achtung Baby came out, Bono mentioned the possibilty of losing fans, and I actually did see this among some of my peers. They weren't ready. They wanted another Joshua Tree. They came back around later!
    Count me in this camp. It took me a few months to "get" it and appreciate it as arguably their best album... I'm convinced that if internet had been a thing back then, social media and fans would've killed that album (and I can imagine the "sell outs" tag after TUF too).

My lesson was to learn to trust in these 4 guys and their albums, even if what they released is not what I was expecting. That's why I can enjoy millenial U2 while some fans still want another Achtung.
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Great!
    I have a tendency to agree with your opinions in the forums

[..]
    Count me in this camp. It took me a few months to "get" it and appreciate it as arguably their best album... I'm convinced that if internet had been a thing back then, social media and fans would've killed that album (and I can imagine the "sell outs" tag after TUF too).

My lesson was to learn to trust in these 4 guys and their albums, even if what they released is not what I was expecting. That's why I can enjoy millenial U2 while some fans still want another Achtung.
    Exactly. It's a vicious cycle. When UF came out, fans were expecting another War. When JT came, all of a sudden they wanted another UF... You see where I'm going here? That's what great about this band. They strive, even worry, about staying relevant, and yet, at the same time, they refuse to submit to making the same, regurgitated album and greatest hits tour over and over again like so many other bands do...
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Exactly. It's a vicious cycle. When UF came out, fans were expecting another War. When JT came, all of a sudden they wanted another UF... You see where I'm going here? That's what great about this band. They strive, even worry, about staying relevant, and yet, at the same time, they refuse to submit to making the same, regurgitated album and greatest hits tour over and over again like so many other bands do...
    that s because they are the best

Nice read !! good old historys ( i want more if you have like that and is not a problem if they are long )

I like that pic a lot
  7. Originally posted by patou2:[..]
    that s because they are the best

Nice read !! good old historys ( i want more if you have like that and is not a problem if they are long )

I like that pic a lot
    I'm sure I could tap into the memory for a few more stories... Give me the weekend to ponder. As long as you don't mind a long tale.I tell a story like an old Irishman, so nothing's ever short! LOL
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I'm sure I could tap into the memory for a few more stories... Give me the weekend to ponder. As long as you don't mind a long tale.I tell a story like an old Irishman, so nothing's ever short! LOL
    hahaha they are welcome
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Then invite us for a beer or 6 as well