1. The thing that makes Rome so good (especially the first) is the audience recording of MLK I guess.

I don't even hear much of an audience in the Berlin one so doubt that it's a matrix to begin with..
  2. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    The thing that makes Rome so good (especially the first) is the audience recording of MLK I guess.

I don't even hear much of an audience in the Berlin one so doubt that it's a matrix to begin with..

3. I wouldn’t say it’s bad still enjoyable to listen to ,and way better than any audience recording!!!!
  4. Thank you! have heavilly waited for this!
    It really feel the atmosphere from the show i attended!

Thank you!

5. I can upload it at u2torrents.com for U.

But can you give me some information about the rip process?
  6. Originally posted by dasugri:[..]

May be, but I think the problem with Berlin is that IEM sources and the audience are not well synchronized. Larry sounds retarded, even sometimes the voice of Bono.

We will wait for the program of "One afternoon with sharebear/hoserama mixing ...." explain it to us

*sounds differently abled
  7. Empress Valley releases (previously Seattle + Vancouver) and Xavel (Rome x2) seem to be mixed by different people. Both were shooting for a Bono IEM + Edge IEM + AUD matrix. At least in the case of VAN/SEA, Empress Valley didn't do any alignment adjustments, slapped on an audience recording, and called it a day. Xavel did quite a bit more work by fixing the alignment, trying to process out the counts, and putting a nominal amount of AUD in there.

It's sounding like Empress Valley followed their same crummy formula for this set.

But again--I haven't listened yet I just know a lot of the things needed to properly process IEM feeds, and how bad they can sound if the mixer tries to take bad shortcuts. With VAN/SEA, it would have sounded better with just an AUD + single Bono IEM.
  8. Edit: Gave it a listen.

Not as horrible as VAN/SEA in my opinion, but not good. Alignment is still bad creating that "Bono in a Tunnel" sound. They've done some work to reduce metronome, but counts are blasting away loudly (opposite of the Xavel release). At least on Exit, where Bono always loved loud metronome.
  9. 256 vs 320, any real difference . Put the NLOTH CD in my PC before which is over 1000kbps and listen to a few songs then went back to the same songs on WINAMP which are at 256kbps, could not tell any difference. Was on mid/decent headphones.
  10. Hi all,

one8ung thanks for your proposal and for your own recordings!!

I don't do it myself because I'm busy (work and children) and I'll need spare time to improve my skill as an uploader.

So I did it like this :

Silver CD ==> Flac level 5 rip on PC with foobar2000 ==> mp3tag

Feel free to upload it

If someone need the artwork let me know
  11. Originally posted by drogba29:Hi all,

one8ung thanks for your proposal and for your own recordings!!

I don't do it myself because I'm busy (work and children) and I'll need spare time to improve my skill as an uploader.

So I did it like this :

Silver CD ==> Flac level 5 rip on PC with foobar2000 ==> mp3tag

Feel free to upload it

If someone need the artwork let me know
    It's up with credits to you!