1. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]

Mexico 2 is now available lossless as "cleaned-up master"

My notes:
    Original recording came with a lot of near-by screams, claps & chat - not to
    mention the occasional beer seller ("Cerveza!"). Additionally some clipping
    had occurred and it suffers mildly from the wind blowing in the stadium.
    But since I thought the overall sound was actually very good, I decided to give
    it a clean-up treat in the iZotope RX05.
    Not all could be helped (most notably the wind carrying away some treble at
    times), but most loud screams (including those of the Cerveza guys!) could be
    either eliminated or smoothened. Some chat during the songs still remains though.
    The "de-clap" was custom build and works pretty well, although at some
    points the effect is (slightly) noticeable, but not really annoying (I hope!)

I have applied no equalization, no compression, nor any other effects – so
    basically this is just a "cleaned-Ip" master recording.
    The only edits I have made are one at the beginning and one at the end.

Again, it is still not a perfect recording, but – in my opinion – certainly not
    the worst JT2017 audience recording either…

So, on behalf of Mario Bono and myself: we hope you enjoy!

<- cerveza
    Just been listening to this one - you've done a first class job on smoothing out the crowd noise and its now a much more enjoyable listen of this great show than the original pull, excellent work, thanks for your efforts and for sharing! And of course credit to the original taper too.

2. It has been done before, quite an enjoyable listen

Enjoy Seneca, wishing you good taper karma and an enjoyable experience as well
  3. Originally posted by hoserama:How do you know which way the recorder was positioned? Maybe it was angled correctly by flipping it upside down :-) not like there's any stereo effects going through the PA this tour.

I'm at airport or else I'd check to verify those are lossless files. Sure hope so!

Hi guys, I contacted the taper, his name is Ariel Mariano Regina, and he has confirmed me that the concert was taped with a ZOOM H1, he was placed on the fences in the Red Zone.
  4. Originally posted by _Bishop_:[..]
    It has been done before, quite an enjoyable listen

Enjoy Seneca, wishing you good taper karma and an enjoyable experience as well
    Really? I wish I could have listened to that
  5. Originally posted by u2mario:[..]

Hi guys, I contacted the taper, his name is Ariel Mariano Regina, and he has confirmed me that the concert was taped with a ZOOM H1, he was placed on the fences in the Red Zone.
    Thanks for confirming the ZOOM H1
  6. I have updated the 2017-10-14 Santiago De Chile show page / audio tab with the 2 known source for this date.

The first is the pibeslandia aka Ariel Regina ZOOM H1 recording (the one already posted here in the tread), and
    the second, the one recorded by Hamster as shared on u2torrents.
    The latter requested to distribute only "as the original flac files with the original Artwork, Checksum & All Info files," so I did.
    I think the sound is a bit thin but not overly compromised by scream, chat & clap. Still a notch below the ZOOM H1 recording
    which has, to my ears, a more fuller sound. But not as good as the 4 star La Plata 1 recording by the same taper, therefore
    3.5 stars seems fair for the ZOOM H1 and, henceforth, 3 stars for the Hamster "TASCAM DR-40."

¡Buen provecho!
  7. You must have bad ears. Hamster described his recording as the best of the tour, perfect eq balance and mix. Even went so far as it say it's in the same league as Stockholm 1992 or Dublin 1993 sbd. Please adjust your ratings accordingly.

(I laughed when I saw the initial assessment before the upload. Way to set an incredible difficult bar)
  8. I don't get it either. I doubt if BigGiRL listens to the bootlegs before she rates them. Epic Nights of Rock 'n' Roll from Dublin gets 3,5 stars? Psychedelic Tree In Santiago gets 3 stars? The Hamster recording is excellent to my ears. One of the best of the tour.