1. You're welcome, but credit should definitely go to kickthedarkness
  2. Wouw...busy day today...one more addition: the cleaned up master for 2017-10-03 Mexico City 1
    - the Mario Bono recording

Here are my notes:
    Like the recording of the 2nd night, Mario Bono's original recording of
    night 1 in Mexico came with a lot of near-by screams, claps & chat.
    Again I used the iZotope RX05 to clean up the master as good as I could.
    The custom build “de-clap” still worked pretty well to remove a significant
    amount of audience hand clapping. And most of the loud screams could be
    either taken out, or else at least somewhat soothed.
    The audience chat, however, proved more difficult to remove this time, so
    you'll find somewhat more present in this recording.

I think the overall "base" quality of the recording is not as good as that
    of night 2, but, again, I have applied no equalization, no compression, nor
    any other effects – so basically this is just the cleaned master recording.

And once more on behalf of Mario Bono and myself: still we hope you enjoy the result!

- Although I do think the clean-up is an improvement of the recording, I still think it is a 3 star bootleg.
    It's just that some 3 star bootlegs are better than other 3 star bootlegs

+++++++

And then last and also least for today, this little loose end:

I'm not going to make a habbit of repeating myself, but I've explained the Santigo 3 star vote
    for the Hamster "Tascam DR-40" recording as follows:

Originally posted by BigGiRL:[...] the one recorded by Hamster [...] [its] sound is a bit thin but not overly
    compromised by scream, chat & clap. Still a notch below the ZOOM H1 recording
    The ZOOM H1 I rated 3.5 and therefore, to mark the difference, the Hamster a 0.5 star lower...

I must confess that I can not find notes on the Dublin "Epic Nights" recording (3,5 stars), but listening
    to it once more I see no reason to change my verdict: the sound is nice and warm and worthy of 4 stars,
    if it weren't for those near-by claps and screams - and chats perhaps. Could surely benefit from a clean-up
    operation... (in case it needs more explanation: I deducted 0.5 for the screams etc.).

Bye 2
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Another update to the bootleg database - thanks to user kickthedarkness - is the Godfather Records' 1980 "Tullamore" bootleg The Garden Of Eden (GR 571-572).

This bootleg contains the two shows from the "Early Days" / "11 O'clock Tick Tock" Tour in Tullamore, Ireland.

The first is 1980-03-02 Tullamore, and the other is 1980-05-11 Tullamore.

Both are very good audience recordings (3.5 stars), certainly considering the age.

Enjoy

PS: both shows are available in (lossless) flac and 224kb/s mp3

Because I'm not used to read and make sense of these things...

we had a mp3 version, and now there's also a FLAC version and that's it, right?

or do we also have a better mp3 version now?
  4. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

Because I'm not used to read and make sense of these things...

we had a mp3 version, and now there's also a FLAC version and that's it, right?

or do we also have a better mp3 version now?
    The Godfather Records' bootleg (2CD) wasn't available until today.

I think all known recordings come from the same source and, as such, both nights were already available in mp3 - just taken from another bootleg.

So lossless flac versions are indeed new now for both nights.

At least for the first Tullamore show I think the mp3's are much better than those of the "Garden Of Remembrance" bootleg. For the 1980-05-11 one I don't think there is much of an upgrade. I just think this recording - at least as presented by Godfather Records - is worthy of 3.5 stars...all things considering.

Hope this answers your questions.
  5. Yep, thanks!
    Tullamore 1 already had better sound than the National Stadium, so if this is an improvement that's awesome.
  6. Probably forgot to add, or something

Anyway, it's up now

Thanks
  7. thanks to everybody
  8. Thanks for the download link.
    In fact, thanks for ALL of the download links!
  9. Today's addition to the u2start database is a very tiny, simple 2 song + interview mp3 "bootleg" from
    the 2017-10-17 U2 at Fantástico (Rede Globo) session.

It contains both Vertigo* and Ordinairy Love + the interview that Bono and Adam gave (English version).

You don't necessarily have to download this thing, you can also listen to the mp3 sample that contains the
    whole thing (very neat for listening to the interview on your phone while you are on the move, or at work,
    or waiting in the dentist waiting room...or something... )

* I have left the 8 seconds voice-over in Vertgo out (thought it made a more pleasant listen )