1. The latest addition is the 2017-05-21 Pasadena CA - Rose Bowl "Bono-iem," as recorded by Blackout and brought to u2torrents with a "Share freely - no mp3" clause.

It is thus shared in lossless flac but I did, however, convert the (upscaled) 24 bit flacs back to 16 bit for a more convenient file size.

I have rated this 4.5 stars, but I'm really no expert, nor a big fan of iem's in general. I always miss the crowd & concert "atmosphere," or "ambiance" as we say in Europe.

But having that said, apart from some counting at the start of songs and that funky click-track (or what is it?) sound, Bono's voice is amazingly clear and this iem also has the benefit of having a "stereo audience mic feed" mixed in (Blackout notes).

Blackout mentions that SBS has 3 skips, but I also found one in ISHFWLF (@3.21). So that's why I took 0.5 off

Remy probably thinks I'm too picky on this...and I'm sure that he will value this Bono-iem for it's true value

(if you see the rating suddenly go up, you know who's behind the controls )

BIG THANKS to Blackout

and on behalf of the entire u2start crew...

ENJOY
  2. Yes this has been my favourite IEMs for a while as Bono’s voice is so clear and close. The intro of Ultra Violet I can recommend to anyone..
  3. 24bit 48kHz ? Don't kid yourself!

The Blackout master is 24bit (upscaled) but still 44.100 Hz

4. And one more for the weekend!

2017-07-30 Amsterdam Arena 2 - Under A Sky Of Steel And Glass
    (remaster of one8ung's recording @ 16/44.1 lossless flac)

I have actually been working on this since, what?, last Tuesday I guess, when I asked one8ung's permission
    to convert his 24-bit (48kHz) recording of Amsterdam 2 into a more convenient 16-bit 44.1kHz to be shared on u2start.
    Possibly even with an iZotope RX05 de-clap & clean-up treatment. The sample I sent seemed to be convincing,
    and now the remaster is ready.

More from my notes under the spoiler tag:
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Personally I am very happy with one8ung's recording with the Ca-11 omni's -
    according to someone at dime "a daring attempt," since the Amsterdam Arena (at
    some point in time to be named: Johan Cruyff Arena) is notorious for having an
    annoying echo. But the recording came out surprisingly well, catching a great sound
    from the speakers and some wonderful community singing by the crowd. And I was even
    more surprised when I learned that one8ung made his recording from a 2nd ring seat
    in the back of the stadium! But what did I know? I was dancing my ass off in the pit!

Anyway, as to be expected, besides the incredible U2, the CA-11 omni's picked up
    some severe screams and whistles, as well as the usually clapping and neighbour chat.
    Apart from some chat between songs, most could be eliminated with iZotope's "Spectral
    Repair." I applied some equalization to turn down the (sub) bass and slightly boost
    presence (3600-8400 Hz range) – something that can be easily adjusted by using the
    treble and bass controls if one finds my mix a bit "too much," or "too little."

THANKS again to one8ung and his daring, but fortunate choice for using the CA-11 omni's!
  5. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[image]
    And one more for the weekend!

2017-07-30 Amsterdam Arena 2 - Under A Sky Of Steel And Glass
    (remaster of one8ung's recording @ 16/44.1 lossless flac)

I have actually been working on this since, what?, last Tuesday I guess, when I asked one8ung's permission
    to convert his 24-bit (48kHz) recording of Amsterdam 2 into a more convenient 16-bit 44.1kHz to be shared on u2start.
    Possibly even with an iZotope RX05 de-clap & clean-up treatment. The sample I sent seemed to be convincing,
    and now the remaster is ready.

More from my notes under the spoiler tag:
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Personally I am very happy with one8ung's recording with the Ca-11 omni's -
    according to someone at dime "a daring attempt," since the Amsterdam Arena (at
    some point in time to be named: Johan Cruyff Arena) is notorious for having an
    annoying echo. But the recording came out surprisingly well, catching a great sound
    from the speakers and some wonderful community singing by the crowd. And I was even
    more surprised when I learned that one8ung made his recording from a 2nd ring seat
    in the back of the stadium! But what did I know? I was dancing my ass off in the pit!

Anyway, as to be expected, besides the incredible U2, the CA-11 omni's picked up
    some severe screams and whistles, as well as the usually clapping and neighbour chat.
    Apart from some chat between songs, most could be eliminated with iZotope's "Spectral
    Repair." I applied some equalization to turn down the (sub) bass and slightly boost
    presence (3600-8400 Hz range) – something that can be easily adjusted by using the
    treble and bass controls if one finds my mix a bit "too much," or "too little."

THANKS again to one8ung and his daring, but fortunate choice for using the CA-11 omni's!
    is IEM?
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:The latest addition is the 2017-05-21 Pasadena CA - Rose Bowl "Bono-iem," as recorded by Blackout and brought to u2torrents with a "Share freely - no mp3" clause.

It is thus shared in lossless flac but I did, however, convert the (upscaled) 24 bit flacs back to 16 bit for a more convenient file size.

I have rated this 4.5 stars, but I'm really no expert, nor a big fan of iem's in general. I always miss the crowd & concert "atmosphere," or "ambiance" as we say in Europe.

But having that said, apart from some counting at the start of songs and that funky click-track (or what is it?) sound, Bono's voice is amazingly clear and this iem also has the benefit of having a "stereo audience mic feed" mixed in (Blackout notes).

Blackout mentions that SBS has 3 skips, but I also found one in ISHFWLF (@3.21). So that's why I took 0.5 off

Remy probably thinks I'm too picky on this...and I'm sure that he will value this Bono-iem for it's true value

(if you see the rating suddenly go up, you know who's behind the controls )

BIG THANKS to Blackout

and on behalf of the entire u2start crew...

ENJOY
    MANY THANKYOU'S TO BLACKOUT!!!
  7. This Wet Mix of Vancouver is incredible Pleasure to listen to.

I love In God's Country from the rehearsals. Cool to hear.
  8. It's cool to hear. But be glad they went to full electric, everybody would have bitched if that hybrid arrangement was the main tour arrangement. Edge decided to switch a few days before opening night.

If only they had switched for a guitar version of Red Hill...
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:It's cool to hear. But be glad they went to full electric, everybody would have bitched if that hybrid arrangement was the main tour arrangement. Edge decided to switch a few days before opening night.

If only they had switched for a guitar version of Red Hill...
    Same. It makes a lot of sense as how they performed the JT songs, very close to the album.
  10. For any reason, I can't download "Wet Mix (Vancouver Wireless Matrix)" . When I go to link, Mega don't load for me. it appears "about:blank". So, Can anybody upload this show on alternative donwloader? thanks in advance.
    P.D: I found "Dry mix" version, but I think it sounds different....
  11. Originally posted by spanishvertigo:For any reason, I can't download "Wet Mix (Vancouver Wireless Matrix)" . When I go to link, Mega don't load for me. it appears "about:blank". So, Can anybody upload this show on alternative donwloader? thanks in advance.
    P.D: I found "Dry mix" version, but I think it sounds different....
    Try again later, or maybe via another browser (Google Chrome works best). Works fine here.