1. BREAKING: An IEM matrix by nunomoreira of 2015-07-27 New York City is up on our show page now

This was one of the few i+e shows that didn't have a proper recording for over two years!
    It's the show with both Two Hearts Beat As One and The Troubles...

I remember enjoying this show from a live mixlr feed, nut never heard it back since then...

I do find it hard to rate though, because it is two iem feeds: a "Bono" right, and an "Edge" left.
    Therefore it is a bit challenging to listen to on head phones. I'm not sure what happens if you push the mono button on this
    (some panning might occur), but played over the speakers and standing not too close by it's fucking pretty impressive I must say.
    So I thought perhaps I should give it a 4.5, just going by the clarity of sound alone...

But since this is a double mono technically speaking, and because of some invasive "crew" comments pop up now and then,
    I can imagine some would rate this less... On the other hand, I suspect that others just don't care and think this is just
    another 5 star gold...and that's just fine!

Anyway, I made it availlable in mp3 only (320kb/s) because the flac files Nuno shared at u2torrents are 24 bit/48kHz and
    that's a bit heavy on the site...

Thanks to Nuno

Cheers
  2. Originally posted by BigGiRL:BREAKING: An IEM matrix by nunomoreira of 2015-07-27 New York City is up on our show page now

This was one of the few i+e shows that didn't have a proper recording for over two years!
    It's the show with both Two Hearts Beat As One and The Troubles...

I remember enjoying this show from a live mixlr feed, nut never heard it back since then...

I do find it hard to rate though, because it is two iem feeds: a "Bono" right, and an "Edge" left.
    Therefore it is a bit challenging to listen to on head phones. I'm not sure what happens if you push the mono button on this
    (some panning might occur), but played over the speakers and standing not too close by it's fucking pretty impressive I must say.
    So I thought perhaps I should give it a 4.5, just going by the clarity of sound alone...

But since this is a double mono technically speaking, and because of some invasive "crew" comments pop up now and then,
    I can imagine some would rate this less... On the other hand, I suspect that others just don't care and think this is just
    another 5 star gold...and that's just fine!

Anyway, I made it availlable in mp3 only (320kb/s) because the flac files Nuno shared at u2torrents are 24 bit/48kHz and
    that's a bit heavy on the site...

Thanks to Nuno

Cheers
    Thank you BigGiRL and Nuno as always! Thank you so much! Will listen to this tomorrow! Been a long Black Friday shift for me!
  3. Thanks! I was thinking about this show two days ago,that is sad this show has just poor recording... and boom now here it is!
  4. Originally posted by Alvin:Thanks! I was thinking about this show two days ago,that is sad this show has just poor recording... and boom now here it is!
    Boom! Yes indeed...but someone did an even louder bang...so it seems
  5. UPDATE: one or two days ago, a good recording of 2017-10-11 La Plata, Argentina (second show) was made available via dimeadozen.
    I contacted the taper (jaco11) and he was happy to have his recording shared on u2start and stated "I'm glad to have contributed to the fans!"

Some rumble, probably caused by the wind makes this recording best suit for speakers, I think. But the clarity is excellent and intrusive audience noises seem minimal. 3.5 stars and available in mp3 & flac.

6. Right...now that the first dust settles on SOE, I have another UPDATE-UPGRADE for all you audience recording / "bootleg" lovers...
    and especially if like the OLD shows too

It's the 1981-05-29 New York City - Palladium show.

The "bootleg" also known as Little White Rats or Little White Rats On Stage has a new tape transfer
    done by madelf, as known on dimeadozen. Although still an UAG (unknown analogue generation), this tape
    seems even more complete with the full bagpipe intro and featuring both encores. But above all it has sound
    evenly distributed over the two channels (i.e., left + right). I think it's great

PS: as requested by madelf, this bootleg is "flac-only."
  7. -- no need for that in this topic --
  8. As a sort of random choice, show page/audio tab UPDATE (no lottery! ),
    I've added all fresh links (mp3) for the 2011-03-25 Santiago De Chile 360 show.

9. thanks
  10. TODAY I have updated the 1985-04-16 Worcester MA Show page / audio tab with a remaster of the Jeff Roy tape.

...more info to follow soon (or just read my notes in the info file )
  11. JT2017 TORONTO has it's first recordings

Thanks to danafletch in what must have been a true labour love

Indeed, recordings as Dana's recording "proper" is incomplete because of battery failure after Exit. But Dana completed the set by making an audience sourced matrix (no iem!) of, most notably, a recording made by JoeKickass and audio tracks of several videos.

Dana invited us to share this project here at u2start. I've decided to split it in two parts (similar as the 2 cd sets made by Dana) as to credit the matrix part and the single "rig" recording part separately. Mainly for administrative reasons, but I also think the Dana recording is significantly better than the matrix. Although incomplete and compromised by near-by chat, the recording itself is clear and has excellent dynamics.
    Good enough for 3.5 stars, I'd say

The audience matrix is a bit bumpy, but it is a remarkable job that shows many, many hours of TLC...
    I really appreciate the hard work to bring the U2 live recording fans & lovers this complete JT2017 Toronto document

Please read Dana's notes in the info files