1. Asked this in the DC show thread as well, but do we know of anybody planning on recording tonight's show? I have my gear with me at work, just not sure I want to deal with the security and my seat isn't in the best location for it
  2. If you make it in ok, I am sure you will pull a decent recording wherever you are located.
  3. Audio recording for JT Landover now available. Many thanks to taper opsopcopolis. You're the man!
  4. Two updates today from the AchtungBootlegs "migration project"

1. An excellent audience recording from 1987-05-16 East Rutherford NJ.
    - Of course there are the various soundboard bootlegs that are all sourced from the "official" Wolfgang's Vault series (that we can not share here for obvious reasons), but this "Sony ECM 909 - WM D6 [speed fix]" audience recording is a very nice alternative for this classic 1987 Joshua Tree tour show.

2. A great iem recording from the 2001-11-18 Las Vegas Elevation show. This is the "original" iem recording that was shared years ago on the well known torrent sites and on u2start as well. Unfortunately at some point the link(s) went dead at our site, but now it's back

Enjoy
  5. I noticed there is also a matrix out there of that Vegas (2001-11-18) show is there any way that can be made available on here too?
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:I noticed there is also a matrix out there of that Vegas (2001-11-18) show is there any way that can be made available on here too?
    Yup...it's here! ...lossless only
  7. Meanwhile in my search for the Mystery Bad, I came to explore the London 2001-08-21 Earls Court 3 show.
    At first because it was one of the 3 Elevation shows that had a Fool To Cry and "40" snippet, but soon
    I realized this was the show following the morning that Bono's dad Bob Hewson died. Bono didn't want any
    show to cancel because of it, but it is obvious that he was very sad and emotional.

From the lovely book Elevate Me Here by Karin & Marcel Wagenaar, I've scanned the entry about this show - I hope they don't mind (#u2hollandforever )

Relevant bootleg updates for this date are The Heart Is A Bloom (silver cd) and the "TCD D100 - OKM IIr" recording aka "dat clone."
    It's not clear who taped this show, but I think it is the best recording from this date.

8. ...but reading Pimm's U2: A Concert Documentary, I noticed that he thought that the 2nd Earls Court show was actually one of the best shows of the European leg... So good excuse to update that one too

According to AchtungBootlegs there are 3 sources for this date, but I have only located two. It turned out that the recording by Eddie O.R. Khawaja was already in our database, but not listed as such. The bootleg is dubbed "Conversation Between Jesus And Judas" and I think it is an excellent 4-star recording, although Mysterious Ways has a small skip at the 5 minute mark.
    The one that is new in our database is the one made by EBR. Not as bright and crisp as the Eddie O recording, but certainly not bad either and it has the advantage of a complete Mysterious Ways.
    The K.Bryant source is still missing.

Here is if you want to read Pimm while listening to this fantastic Elevation show:

9. With the links to the iem-matrix updated, I became curious to which audience recording was used.
    Not in the least because I had a feeling that it might be a great audience recording as well.
    Personally I find it hard to listen to these iem's with prominent click-tracks ("funky sounds"), so a good/excellent
    audience recording would be my choice for this show.

Turns out there are quite some audience recordings for this show - AchtungBootlegs has listed four.
    As I haven't found all four, I can not be sure which one was used (and it might even be an unlisted source as well),
    but the Jeff P. source would be my best guess based on what I've heard.
    It has a somewhat distant audience "noise," and ditto music. The Tom Kingston recording is more clear, but it has
    nearby clappers and "Happy Birthday" singers that are not present in the matrix. I have rated both recordings with 4 stars.
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:...but reading Pimm's U2: A Concert Documentary, I noticed that he thought that the 2nd Earls Court show was actually one of the best shows of the European leg... So good excuse to update that one too

According to AchtungBootlegs there are 3 sources for this date, but I have only located two. It turned out that the recording by Eddie O.R. Khawaja was already in our database, but not listed as such. The bootleg is dubbed "Conversation Between Jesus And Judas" and I think it is an excellent 4-star recording, although Mysterious Ways has a small skip at the 5 minute mark.
    The one that is new in our database is the one made by EBR. Not as bright and crisp as the Eddie O recording, but certainly not bad either and it has the advantage of a complete Mysterious Ways.
    The K.Bryant source is still missing.

Here is if you want to read Pimm while listening to this fantastic Elevation show:

[image]
    I saw all 4 Earls Court Elevation gigs, and whilst my own personal favourite show was the 21st for all kinds of reasons, I think the general consensus was that the 19th was pretty special and probably the best gig of the four - great setlist, and there was some magic happening.

For the 19th I had a seated ticket on Adam's side (I did GA for the other 3 but decided to have a rest day from the queuing and all that) so that's probably why it wasn't quite my favourite, plus some rude American girls put a bit of dampener on it for me at the start - swearing and shouting at me telling me to get out of their f#ing seats - they didn't check the row number on the seats properly lol! 19th was still great though, but for me personally, 21st wins hands down.

During Bullet, Bono came down the left ramp of the heart with his elbow/forearm pressed against his forehead like he did a lot during that song on that tour, stopped right where I was standing against the rail, and as I turned around to look at him properly, Ali (with some of the kids) is stood in the walkway between the heart and the catwalk, right behind me, like right in my face, looking straight at me, and then Bono looking right down at me (and Ali and the kids no doubt - though Ali was totally professional and faced me and the band on the main stage) - it was quite a surreal and special moment that I will treasure but almost felt like I was intruding on a family moment.
  11. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    I saw all 4 Earls Court Elevation gigs, and whilst my own personal favourite show was the 21st for all kinds of reasons, I think the general consensus was that the 19th was pretty special and probably the best gig of the four - great setlist, and there was some magic happening.

For the 19th I had a seated ticket on Adam's side (I did GA for the other 3 but decided to have a rest day from the queuing and all that) so that's probably why it wasn't quite my favourite, plus some rude American girls put a bit of dampener on it for me at the start - swearing and shouting at me telling me to get out of their f#ing seats - they didn't check the row number on the seats properly lol! 19th was still great though, but for me personally, 21st wins hands down.

During Bullet, Bono came down the left ramp of the heart with his elbow/forearm pressed against his forehead like he did a lot during that song on that tour, stopped right where I was standing against the rail, and as I turned around to look at him properly, Ali (with some of the kids) is stood in the walkway between the heart and the catwalk, right behind me, like right in my face, looking straight at me, and then Bono looking right down at me (and Ali and the kids no doubt - though Ali was totally professional and faced me and the band on the main stage) - it was quite a surreal and special moment that I will treasure but almost felt like I was intruding on a family moment.
    Wouw! Those were the days
    Thanks for sharing your memory of these shows!