1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I shall withdraw my statement if I misread. The points still stand I guess. The only folk that complain about a lack of recordings are those that aren’t willing to do anything about it.
    I would be offended and not say much, but...

I do record and actually 3 of my recordings are currently hosted in this site at the request of Remy, which I had no problem with if it gets recordings out, even if in my opinion they only range from 1-3 stars based on my grading system.

But I doubt you know anything about me, I used to go under the pseudo of Scarlet going back to 2001, I have shared literally 1000 live recordings, contributed to various sites going back to 1996 when I was involved with FLOM.

In fact I don't think this site would exist without the things I did on an old Italian site (U2Star)

Back when I shared daily MP3 recordings and encourage open sharing.

My statement was directed at the fact that everyone should get out and make an attempt at recording even with the bare minimum recorder, then there wouldn't be gaps.

I was out at shows and trading cassettes and VHS back most likely before you were born.

The only people I see that feel entitled are many of the users here including moderators that grab and post recordings without taper permission or even worse transcode and upload without and credit.

Sorry for the rant but your statement is out of place. It is nothing personal, I don't know you either.

But my reputation precedes me in many ways, I have always been a reliable trader and have been proactive in working with tapers to actually get recordings out, I found it sad that this tour and in the year 2017 that better organization couldn't result in getting every show from this tour recorded, which for all anyone knows they have been. But it's possible a lot of old skool tapers are sitting on recordings so they aren't bootlegged.

Remy, Santos and Joyce do a good job here and this site serves its purpose and has created a niche for people that don't use torrents or have a reputation for trading.

Rant over but always mind your manners when speaking to someone you know nothing about it didn't even make an attempt to before speaking.

I didn't see any recordings you made by the way ever shared, maybe next tour you can do some organizing as well and then rather than be entitled, you can be part or a community that prides itself on contribution.

Best wishes, Bishop / Eric / Scarlet
  2. Apologies for the digression, I know this topic is about known recordings, etc.

Hopefully it will get back on topic and recordings from TJT tour will continue to be shared.

Bishop
  3. Originally posted by _Bishop_:[..]
    I would be offended and not say much, but...

I do record and actually 3 of my recordings are currently hosted in this site at the request of Remy, which I had no problem with if it gets recordings out, even if in my opinion they only range from 1-3 stars based on my grading system.

But I doubt you know anything about me, I used to go under the pseudo of Scarlet going back to 2001, I have shared literally 1000 live recordings, contributed to various sites going back to 1996 when I was involved with FLOM.

In fact I don't think this site would exist without the things I did on an old Italian site (U2Star)

Back when I shared daily MP3 recordings and encourage open sharing.

My statement was directed at the fact that everyone should get out and make an attempt at recording even with the bare minimum recorder, then there wouldn't be gaps.

I was out at shows and trading cassettes and VHS back most likely before you were born.

The only people I see that feel entitled are many of the users here including moderators that grab and post recordings without taper permission or even worse transcode and upload without and credit.

Sorry for the rant but your statement is out of place. It is nothing personal, I don't know you either.

But my reputation precedes me in many ways, I have always been a reliable trader and have been proactive in working with tapers to actually get recordings out, I found it sad that this tour and in the year 2017 that better organization couldn't result in getting every show from this tour recorded, which for all anyone knows they have been. But it's possible a lot of old skool tapers are sitting on recordings so they aren't bootlegged.

Remy, Santos and Joyce do a good job here and this site serves its purpose and has created a niche for people that don't use torrents or have a reputation for trading.

Rant over but always mind your manners when speaking to someone you know nothing about it didn't even make an attempt to before speaking.

I didn't see any recordings you made by the way ever shared, maybe next tour you can do some organizing as well and then rather than be entitled, you can be part or a community that prides itself on contribution.

Best wishes, Bishop / Eric / Scarlet
    All valid points well presented. I did get in early to withdraw my comments once corrected as to the original intention of your post so I shall not engage myself too much in responding. It is too easy to misinterpret written word.

I myself have never taken much of an interest in the taping side of things knowing that it was something I knew I couldn’t dedicate myself to doing right. We have had our faults with taper relations in the past but definitely consider things greatly improved in recent times.

Many thanks to you (and all tapers) who share their work with the community for little or no reward.
  4. No worries Gerard, I would hope for the next tour that Start and U2Torrents could collaborate and organize the tour to make sure all shows are covered.

It isn't hard with preparation and encouraging fans to get out and make the attempt.

At the end of the day we are all fans sharing the same joy of music by our favorite band.

Recordings of Independent Origin should be encouraged and promoted.

Cheers, no hard feelings on my end, written words can sometimes be misinterpreted.

Bishop
  5. Thanks Eric, I am very pleased to see you here voicing your opinions!

And again adding some context for all following this cozy sort of conference kinda talks, I met Eric "Bishop" some 12 or 13 years ago when we were both moderators at U2STAR. An Italian based fan site / message board, without the "t" and no relation to u2start - but I come to that later.

Originally posted by _Bishop_:[...] In fact I don't think this site would exist without the things I did on an old Italian site (U2Star) - Back when I shared daily MP3 recordings and encourage open sharing.

[T]his site serves its purpose and has created a niche for people that don't use torrents or have a reputation for trading.
    Indeed, as Eric already pointed out, a place where many shows were shared in mp3 (and "remastered" shows in .wma by some girl who hated mp3's for the mere fact that, in those days, mp3's didn't allow for gapless burning of cd's... but I'm digressing). And Eric, already having a vast collection of audience recordings back then, had indeed always been most generous with sharing and has always encouraged others (including me!) to share as well.

But u2start was founded in 2006 by Remy and some of his friends, completely remote from U2STAR. No need for history (or herstory) lessons, but I just want to point out that u2start is more than just a "niche for people that don't use torrents or have a reputation for trading."

I'm not saying that there isn't, but there is so much more. This site's motto is: share the passion, and that goes from sharing high-res photographs to set list party's, and from news- and show updates on twitter and facebook to, indeed, sharing live recordings.
    In short: in 2017 u2start is a full-blown, world-wide U2 fan community
    And all of this mostly thanks to u2start crew members (incl., for instance, Gerard) who aren't participating (much) in the audience recording / "bootleg" database section of u2start.

Still, one of the things u2start is aiming for is to provide a database for all known U2 live recordings ("bootlegs") and make them, if possible, available for download. For mainly practical and pragmatic reasons, most bootlegs are downloadable as mp3's: not all the world has broadband internet and live recordings are still much enjoyed on mp3 players.

But, and I think here lies our mutual interest, this database should contain as much reliable source information as possible. MP3's and LOSSLESS should be able to coexist peacefully - and I think they can - as long as the one is not mistaken for the other. To be sure: in my opinion the only mp3's worthy of existence are the ones coming straight for the lossless!

As to paraphrase my funny, fellow countryman Arjen Lubach: "LOSSLESS first, but can we say, MP3 second?"

Originally posted by _Bishop_:[...] I would hope for the next tour that Start and U2Torrents could collaborate and organize the tour to make sure all shows are covered.
    Eric, I welcome and share your hope of u2torrents and u2start collaborating in tour coverage in terms of recording. Let's keep that as a promise - and perhaps find / start another tread for that plan. A lot has to be discussed
  6. "Best wishes, Bishop / Eric / Scarlet / Native Son"
  7. Originally posted by spooner:1992-06-15 - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Sportpaleis Ahoy
    "Definitive version" Audience microphone, Soundboard
    Audio / MP3 and Audio / FLAC Links are dead.
    While fixing the links for this Rotterdam Ahoy ZOO TV matrix, I noticed the "famous" soundboard bootleg
    The Real Thing (KTS 175-76) was still missing from database

So for this occasion I ripped my own original 1993 silver bootleg and added this both in (lossless) flac & mp3.

Not a big fan of dry soundboards, but this one ain't so bad. Still, the balance is a bit off and therefore not a perfect
    soundboard to me (hence the 4,5 stars)

I would personally not have rated the "definitive" matrix by noiseless with 5 stars, as I think this matrix could still be
    improved - or even be mixed with a more dynamic crowd noise.* But since it wasn't my addition (I only repaired the links),
    I left all that "as was."

both bootlegs here: http://www.u2start.com/shows/962/#!audio

* I'm not saying that I could have done it better - or even come close - but if I had the patience I would certainly try
    to keep some more soundboard in the mix....
  8. I never liked dry soundboards either but that Rotterdam show is pure gold from minute 1 to 120 so I'll give it another shot. Thanks for taking the time Joyce
  9. Another update to the bootleg database - thanks to user kickthedarkness - is the Godfather Records' 1980 "Tullamore" bootleg The Garden Of Eden (GR 571-572).

This bootleg contains the two shows from the "Early Days" / "11 O'clock Tick Tock" Tour in Tullamore, Ireland.

The first is 1980-03-02 Tullamore, and the other is 1980-05-11 Tullamore.

Both are very good audience recordings (3.5 stars), certainly considering the age.

Enjoy

PS: both shows are available in (lossless) flac and 224kb/s mp3
  10. Adam's totally out of tune in the ATAP preview of Tullamore 03-02
  11. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Another update to the bootleg database - thanks to user kickthedarkness - is the Godfather Records' 1980 "Tullamore" bootleg The Garden Of Eden (GR 571-572).

This bootleg contains the two shows from the "Early Days" / "11 O'clock Tick Tock" Tour in Tullamore, Ireland.

The first is 1980-03-02 Tullamore, and the other is 1980-05-11 Tullamore.

Both are very good audience recordings (3.5 stars), certainly considering the age.

Enjoy

PS: both shows are available in (lossless) flac and 224kb/s mp3
    Thanks ! Biggirl !! This is my Favorite early days boot and to now have it in LOSSELESS !!! WOW!!!