1. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    This might be a good moment to express once more the intentions of the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner because people might have the wrong impression of what is going on here. Most importantly, this place is not about being more “green” than anywhere else.
    Rather, it’s about a specific kind of “bootleg” - which is essentially a sobriquet for an unofficial live recording and, in the case of U2, allowed as long as that recording is not used with the intention of making a profit.* A specific kind of “bootleg,” typically featuring alternate, or – with a more “esoteric” word – subaltern content. With which I mean that these bootlegs almost in principle do not feature the best recordings, but rather those recordings that needed a little help to be enjoyed “as much as possible,” or those recordings that have a value beyond “listening enjoyment.”

A good example of this latter category are the so-called mixlr-recordings of which there are currently no other recordings available. These recordings may have a symbolic and emotional value for those who went to that particular show. It might even be argued that those mixlr-recordings also have a historic value, either to check what was said and/or played, or as future “relic-of-the-past.”

The idea behind the remastered alternate recordings is basically that, in general, the “prime” recordings don’t need remastering. And what I mean with “remastering” is basically “equalization” (in short, the modification of bass, treble and mid-range) and volume adjustment. Nothing fancy.
    I do, however, use quite often a simple compression tool and sometimes also a generic noise reduction tool and, yes, all this could be dome in a million different ways and with different programs, but I do work with my tools as I know how to apply them. At least for now this is the case.

In sum: do not expect to find the best recordings of the ‘i+e” tour in this “bootleg-corner,” and do not expect merely lossless – but do not expect merely lossy either!
    What you can expect is that I intend to respect the tapers wishes, that I try to be honest and open about everything I do, and, last but not least, that sharing a passion for U2 live music is all that matters.

User karlheinzu2 is right that the grass is greener on “his” side: the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner is intentionally the “other” side (with a "d"!). With different leaves, colours, shades and sounds. It’s for anyone to decide for themselves whether they prefer to be in, or outside the box – or even to be on both sides!
    Complaining, however, that this is the “other” side and not the “one” side, is not only pointless but also a display of a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner (and dichotomies in general).

And to all the happy and loyal visitors of this thread, I can only say one thing: the BigGiRL ‘i+e’ bootleg-corner is here to stay!
    U2 and their management are not fine with open taping they just take no legal actions like artist for e.g. Prince or Bryan Adams against sharing concert recordings. Or can you provide me a written statement of their management to make things clear?

I regard most of the sources of your remastering attempts not even listenable in terms of "bootleg" recordings. Some are really dreadful especially the cell phone recordings in your collection, but beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and as you gained a really big community of dedicated followers and devoted admirers there is obviously no really need of quality recordings, but maybe I am wrong?

I am strongly recommending the consultation of an otologist or is it just an exercise in masochism, maybe I am missing something?

But anyway, I invite you taking a trip with me to the fields where the green grass grows (warning: non U2 content and explicit lyrics may occur! -from small venues up to big ones)

[dropbox links removed by moderator: off-topic and possibly offensive]

the latter one I consider as an funny experiment - but I noticed recently that some people envy the U2 leecher community so it's a kind of inside joke.

Joyce, I honestly was only curious about your motivation, nothing more, as I usually refrain from criticising other recordings because I (we) tape a lot of shows and therefore caring only about the shows we attend. I am quite astonished that even nowadays with affordable decent equipment tapers put such low efforts in their work - but it's up to your own attitude of course.
    Also not complaing about your bootlegcorner as I am bound and dedicated to the regulations of my order and I stay on my side of course fulfilling my commitments

But maybe you would consider upgrading your audio software to Adobe Audition CS6 or Soundforge 11 with VST plugins like Waves or Voxengo for better results - it's only a recommendation

best regards
  2. Originally posted by karlheinzu2:[..]
    Thank you very much for your very detailed response and sharing your in depth thoughts with the rest of the world.
    [...] etc., etc., etc.
    You're welcome.

I am a bit surprised however that the remainder of your response still continues to debate something of which I have indicated not to be concerned with. The discussion has ended. Any more lingering will be considered "off-topic."

Furthermore I believe that I have given plenty of room and latitude for those of you wishing to express their dissatisfaction with the "listening quality" of the bootlegs. But there are indeed also people who do appreciate the content offered, and it is for them that this topic has been designed and will be maintained.

I wish all of you pleasant U2 shows and happy memories on all sides
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    You're welcome.

I am a bit surprised however that the remainder of your response still continues to debate something of which I have indicated not to be concerned with. The discussion has ended. Any more lingering will be considered "off-topic."

Furthermore I believe that I have given plenty of room and latitude for those of you wishing to express their dissatisfaction with the "listening quality" of the bootlegs. But there are indeed also people who do appreciate the content offered, and it is for them that this topic has been designed and will be maintained.

I wish all of you pleasant U2 shows and happy memories on all sides
  4. NEW RELEASE:

Recorded by NIGE78*
    Remastered by BIGGIRL
    (with kind permission from the taper)

Details under "spoiler" header.
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    LINEAGE: SP-CMC 20 (external mics) > Roland Edirol R09HR >
    EDIT# > FLAC > [REMASTER] PristineSounds: EZcomp. (1:1.3) >
    EQ (full range) > DC offset correction > Volume & balance
    correction (manual) > alternate track split & edit > FLAC
    (Frontend) "6" > foobar [tags] > fre:ac > mp3@256kb/s >

TRACK LISTING:

01-[PA intro: People Have The Power]^
    02-The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    03-Gloria
    04-Vertigo
    05-I Will Follow
    06-[dedication]
    07-Iris (Hold Me Close)
    08-Cedarwood Road
    09-Song For Someone
    10-Sunday Bloody Sunday
    11-Raised By Wolves
    12-Until The End Of The World
    13-[intermezzo: The Fly (Bono live vocals)]
    14-Invisible
    15-Even Better Than The Real Thing
    16-Mysterious Ways
    17-Desire
    18-Angel Of Harlem
    19-Every Breaking Wave
    20-October
    21-Bullet The Blue Sky
    22-Zooropa [excerpt]
    23-Where The Streets Have No Name
    24-Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    25-With Or Without You
    [encore fades]
    26-[Stephen Hawking]
    27-City Of Blinding Lights
    28-Beautiful Day
    29-[acknowledgements]
    30-Mother And Child Reunion [excerpt]
    31-Bad
    32-"40"

^joined in progress

*ORIGINAL NOTES (Nige78):
    "I'm very pleased with how it came out; I was in the seats,
    Block 221, and I was on the end of the row so I was able to
    point to mics at the speakers with minimal interference and
    minimal conversationalists around me (there really is nothing
    worse!)"

# Audience noise between main set and encore removed.
    Fade in and outs added for continuity as well as at the
    beginning and end. Few loud claps near the recorder reduced
    in volume. Otherwise unedited.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

download from u2 start showpage)
  5. Happy to have Nige78's permission to remaster his Glasgow 2 recording for u2start!
    It is a recording from the seats and doesn't have much near by conversation (if any!),
    and only occasional some screams of excitement and joy - but, well, what else could
    you do at such a totally awesome show...

Currently this one is available as mp3 only (for iPod and stuff like that... ), but I will soon
    put this up as lossless as well. The latter in fact being a special edit that allows CD burning
    ...I just need some time to finish the artwork

Hope you enjoy
  6. The (lossless) cd-edit, including some more artwork is now availlable from the show page - or click on the image right here below:

7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Happy to have Nige78's permission to remaster his Glasgow 2 recording for u2start!
    It is a recording from the seats and doesn't have much near by conversation (if any!),
    and only occasional some screams of excitement and joy - but, well, what else could
    you do at such a totally awesome show...

Currently this one is available as mp3 only (for iPod and stuff like that... ), but I will soon
    put this up as lossless as well. The latter in fact being a special edit that allows CD burning
    ...I just need some time to finish the artwork

Hope you enjoy
    Thank you so very much for this,the show was a gift from the Gods imho & the recording(s) reflect this.Thank you Nige78,thank you Remy and thank you BigGiRL for the remaster
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:NEW RELEASE:

[image]
    Recorded by NIGE78*
    Remastered by BIGGIRL
    (with kind permission from the taper)

Details under "spoiler" header.
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    LINEAGE: SP-CMC 20 (external mics) > Roland Edirol R09HR >
    EDIT# > FLAC > [REMASTER] PristineSounds: EZcomp. (1:1.3) >
    EQ (full range) > DC offset correction > Volume & balance
    correction (manual) > alternate track split & edit > FLAC
    (Frontend) "6" > foobar [tags] > fre:ac > mp3@256kb/s >

TRACK LISTING:

01-[PA intro: People Have The Power]^
    02-The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    03-Gloria
    04-Vertigo
    05-I Will Follow
    06-[dedication]
    07-Iris (Hold Me Close)
    08-Cedarwood Road
    09-Song For Someone
    10-Sunday Bloody Sunday
    11-Raised By Wolves
    12-Until The End Of The World
    13-[intermezzo: The Fly (Bono live vocals)]
    14-Invisible
    15-Even Better Than The Real Thing
    16-Mysterious Ways
    17-Desire
    18-Angel Of Harlem
    19-Every Breaking Wave
    20-October
    21-Bullet The Blue Sky
    22-Zooropa [excerpt]
    23-Where The Streets Have No Name
    24-Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    25-With Or Without You
    [encore fades]
    26-[Stephen Hawking]
    27-City Of Blinding Lights
    28-Beautiful Day
    29-[acknowledgements]
    30-Mother And Child Reunion [excerpt]
    31-Bad
    32-"40"

^joined in progress

*ORIGINAL NOTES (Nige78):
    "I'm very pleased with how it came out; I was in the seats,
    Block 221, and I was on the end of the row so I was able to
    point to mics at the speakers with minimal interference and
    minimal conversationalists around me (there really is nothing
    worse!)"

# Audience noise between main set and encore removed.
    Fade in and outs added for continuity as well as at the
    beginning and end. Few loud claps near the recorder reduced
    in volume. Otherwise unedited.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

download from u2start [MEGA.NZ]
    (or check out the showpage)
    MEGA : the file you are trying to download is no longer available
  9. Try downloading from the u2start show page, that seems to be still working fine

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

T H R E A D = C L O S E D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  10. thanx a million for a magical souvenir ... !!! my mac never liked mega for some reason, seems to work now ... enjoying bad, that joe turned up on request