1. I hope we see the day when our children or even grand children can us the word "GET", but for now its still "GOT", this new technological age(if you were born after 1955ish) goes 2 ways - global community or global separation...a NEW global migration, the birth of THE NEW CITIES, where the people with move to advance their lives and leave the people without left to fend for themselves....
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well, don't we judge and rate shows from 1978 to 2005 just from the bootlegs, without having attended those shows?

(Yes, I'm assuming most of us starting to attend shows on the Vertigo Tour, but I know some did earlier, and some later)

Fair point, I guess I just meant that we don't judge Zoo TV or PopMart as failures based on their utter lack of setlist variation...

And yes, bootlegs might definitely help objectively determine which show was "best" or "worst." Subjectively, though, it's all about "experiencing" it live.
  3. Originally posted by patssox95:[..]
    I hope we see the day when our children or even grand children can us the word "GET", but for now its still "GOT", this new technological age(if you were born after 1955ish) goes 2 ways - global community or global separation...a NEW global migration, the birth of THE NEW CITIES, where the people with move to advance their lives and leave the people without left to fend for themselves....
    that's why it's important we teach them well... and expose them to U2.
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]

Fair point, I guess I just meant that we don't judge Zoo TV or PopMart as failures based on their utter lack of setlist variation...

And yes, bootlegs might definitely help objectively determine which show was "best" or "worst." Subjectively, though, it's all about "experiencing" it live.
    And if you were there to see them both live you'd truly understand the lack of variation... I'm glad these are available on video, but watching them on a 52" screen is seeing about 10% of what the live spectacle of these shows was...
  5. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Do you not agree that judging shows simply based on streaming them online and/or setlist variation is a bad idea?

I guess by the setlist variation criteria at least we would all judge Zoo TV to be a complete failure, too. Man am I glad I missed that crappy first leg back in 92!

I don't watch streams. I listen to audio recordings.
  6. By streams I meant the audio of the show. Sorry if i wasn't clearer there.

If your point, then, is that the band just didn't sound good at most of the shows, then alright - agree to disagree. My main point originally was simply that judging the I & E tour for lack of setlist variation calls into question the legitimacy of Zoo TV, as well, even though that tour is widely regarded as one of the best.
  7. I rather listen 100 times 1 show than listen 100 shows 1 time.

Because of that, once I had LA5 and Chicago5, both shows I enjoyed a lot, I haven't taken the trouble to really pay proper attention to the rest of the shows, otherwise than listening to them on the live stream or some of the highlights in youtube ( i.e. the amazing Crystal Ballroom+Miss You in Boston).

Probably for me, if I take 5 or 6 shows out as the "best shows", then I guess the other 30 shows are for me tied as the "worst" show.

And I loved every single one of those 30+ worst shows.
  8. Originally posted by bpt3:By streams I meant the audio of the show. Sorry if i wasn't clearer there.

If your point, then, is that the band just didn't sound good at most of the shows, then alright - agree to disagree. My main point originally was simply that judging the I & E tour for lack of setlist variation calls into question the legitimacy of Zoo TV, as well, even though that tour is widely regarded as one of the best.
    You cannot compare 1991-1993 to 2015. They had a MUCH smaller catalogue of songs to choose from.
  9. Since we're talking about bests and worsts, what are the best bootlegs to have come from this leg? I'm hoping to use this break to get all caught up on the recordings.
  10. Originally posted by ahn1991:Since we're talking about bests and worsts, what are the best bootlegs to have come from this leg? I'm hoping to use this break to get all caught up on the recordings.
    2015-05-27 Inglewood, California
    2015-07-07 Toronto, Ontario

These are my favorite 2 shows!
  11. Based on listening to boots: The Boston shows, LA 27-05, Toronto 2.