1. So, something entirely different in our Blue Room forums. Let's see if I can bring some of my 'other' personal interests into this forum in the midst of two U2 legs.

I've been reading up and watching quite a lot about climate change these past few years, documentaries like Cowspiracy changed my life for the better and widened my eyes. And many scientific and more accessible books and papers on the matter helped me create a better view.

Two very interesting recent articles came in the news these past few weeks:
    * Rollingstone.com: The point of no return, climate change nightmares are here
    * Mass extinction: its the end of the world as we know it

The more I read, listen and research, the more I realise this whole thing is a catastrophe and we are only at the start of the 'real' thing. I already live with the assumption that by 2050 most of humanity will be gone. Many scientists believe this is even sooner (some say even 2030).

So, anyone here also following everything that's happening with regards to climate change? Are you more optimistic?
  2. I've only seen "An inconvenient truth" from Al Gore...

And although I was kinda shocked then, and I KNOW we're in kinda big trouble, I must admit I still don't personally change a lot in order to try and reverse it...

Basically it's because I've did some summerjobs where the companies were wasting SO much... I thought, well, compared to these tons of waste, gasses and spilled energy, my little lightbulb, deodorant or car won't make the difference.

But yes, if we would all just do our little part, it must make a difference in the end I know.
  3. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Thanks!

James Cameron is an amazing man. A great inspiration. Knows more than anyone on our oceans (and other things).
    Its pretty amazing how many people are involved in this project too, on different issues... check it out for sure.
  4. I believe scientists have started attributing high carbon emission levels solely on large rock and roll tours! We either give up seeing U2 live or living on this planet! decisions decisions....
  5. I m not optimistic about this but 2030/2050 surprissed me a lot ...I think some changes are going on ( a bit late maybe) but here the climate change is notorious and year after year is worse
  6. Having dedicated the greater part of the past six years studying climate science, I can say with some confidence that we're pretty screwed. Possibly beyond the point where we shouldn't be talking about prevention, but adaptation.
  7. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:I believe scientists have started attributing high carbon emission levels solely on large rock and roll tours! We either give up seeing U2 live or living on this planet! decisions decisions....
    I learnt from Cowspiracy that animal agriculture is the biggest one when it comes to Co2/carbon emissions, more than all cars/airplanes/boats etc. combined. So if there is anything we need to give up and I gave up
  8. Originally posted by ahn1991:Having dedicated the greater part of the past six years studying climate science, I can say with some confidence that we're pretty screwed. Possibly beyond the point where we shouldn't be talking about prevention, but adaptation.
    I didn't know that Alex, interesting! Could you tell more about what you're studying? Are you or will you work in this area as well?
  9. 2030/2050 sounds pretty fucking scary. it's probably highly naive, but I prefer not to think about it too much...