1. The biggest factor regarding climate change isn't the magnitude of the temperature change, but the speed at which it's coming. We've seen extreme temperature shifts in geological history, but those usually span over the duration of centuries and millenia. What we are seeing is a temperature change occurring at an unprecedented rate. As most scientists have predicted, many species will be unable to adapt to the rapid change.

However, I'm more worried about the direction society will take in response to these changes. The scariest consequence of climate change is that it showed us that humans are able to impact the global environment. With all our knowledge and technology, we have become gods ourselves and will continue building a shrine with our knowledge until it becomes our grave.
  2. Hopefully some sort of a deal can be reached in Paris.
  3. This is a beautifully written statement.

Consider listening to Of Faith Power, and Glory by VNV Nation.
  4. ^ to ahn_1991
  5. Temperature in Kuwait reached 129°F (53.8°C), the hottest temperature ever recorded in Asia. Even in Fairbanks, freaking Alaska, temperature reached 96°F.
    And people still think global warming is a hoax.
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Temperature in Kuwait reached 129°F (53.8°C), the hottest temperature ever recorded in Asia. Even in Fairbanks, freaking Alaska, temperature reached 96°F.
    And people still think global warming is a hoax.
    Wow, that's hot ! It's time that ecology gets as important as economy. But that will never be reached if world leaders and politicians don't realise they can make a change.
  7. And Paul complains about it breaking 20 degrees in Wales

8. When I get warm, I get really warm...

In other news, Solar Impulse has nearly completed it's round the world trip!

9. That is very cool!
    Here in Indianapolis we have the first city in the US that incorporated a service of electric car rentals to move around the city. I use it and it's cheaper than Uber or taxis. I just go to a station, take the car, and return it into any other station.
  10. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:That is very cool!
    Here in Indianapolis we have the first city in the US that incorporated a service of electric car rentals to move around the city. I use it and it's cheaper than Uber or taxis. I just go to a station, take the car, and return it into any other station.
    [image]
    That's a good idea. It's nice that ya can drop it at another station.
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:That is very cool!
    [image]
    Wow! Very green and very cool. And your governor is one of those evil bastard Republicans!