1. that's why it's so freezing now - in the first half of november - which usually comes in the middle of december...
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    that's why it's so freezing now - in the first half of november - which usually comes in the middle of december...
    Weather is not climate.

Extreme weather is climate change too so it's not surprising a lot of things shift in weather such as earlier winters in some areas.

3. Doesn't really matter a lot though. Even though Trump doesn't believe in climate change (or rather he will probably know its real but thats not what his supporters want to hear), its not like Obama or Clinton did or would have done anything significantly to deal with climate change.

Significantly as in, something that would make a true difference or impact. Dealing with the big corporations, the BPs and Shells of this world, reducing animal agriculture, marine/air transportation (the latter specifically excluded from COP21 agreements, imagine if all the big companies have to pay more to import goods from overseas..). All the agreements and plans I've seen so far are nice and well meant but just drips of water on a boiling plate.
  4. Oh my... I was just kidding... People are too serious here...
    Of course there is climate change... And of course people are helping with that... But it would come even without human intervention, of course - not so fast and not so strong...
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:Oh my... I was just kidding... People are too serious here...
    Of course there is climate change... And of course people are helping with that... But it would come even without human intervention, of course - not so fast and not so strong...
    First, I'm never too serious - don't ever, EVER accuse me of that again!

I was just offering up some informative viewing that covers everything... even things you'd never think of!

6. Originally posted by Alvin:Oh my... I was just kidding... People are too serious here...
    Well its like day and night if we're talking with or without humans. I still believe we're on the path of almost full extinction of humans within this century but let's see.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Well its like day and night if we're talking with or without humans. I still believe we're on the path of almost full extinction of humans within this century but let's see.
    If the temperature will raise by 7 degrees by 2100, like some models predict, then certainly yes: billions will die, there will be wars, our world will be broken, with no possibility of going back (the CO2 in the atmosphere is there to stay). Countries such as Germany, that rely more and more on green energy, are setting an example for the rest of the world. The tragedy is that much more radical action from all industrialised countries, including Germany, is needed - right now. Not even a Clinton administration would have saved us from catastrophe. At least she wasn't denying that climate change is real. With Trump and the republicans in power, we are setting the clock back to 1950.
  8. What would be needed is a dramatic shift to renewable sources of energies; a massive reforestation effort (trees are good at absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere, aren't they?); and a move away from a debt and growth economic model, that favours short term benefits over long term ones. As long as economic growth will involve the depletion of non-renewable resources, we are set to hit a massive wall, at very high speed.
  9. Originally posted by Alvin:Oh my... I was just kidding... People are too serious here...
    The ironic thing about your comment is Donald Trump has actually stated on various platforms that climate change is just weather.
  10. The news today