1. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    I think it was just Bono having fun. Great recording, but lot of Bono an edge mistakes during the show...B seeming to forget lyrics of The real thing
    Of course if we started a thread of all the botched lyrics...THAT would be a long one. The Elevation cock-up from Berlin 1 was a train wreck.

However, listening to it the whole Berlin 1 show again, the Bullet/Zooropa/Streets transition was just perfect. He nailed both verses of the BUllet rant and then the End of Zooropa into Streets wasn't too wordy. I think he's concentrating so hard on that portion of the show to make sure its perfect for Paris.
  2. Some bootleg observations:

Many good recordings of the North American Tour, but also lots of talking of the audience, which spoils the recording, "shut the f..." when U2 is playing, just sing.

Not all the MSG shows are available.

The singing of the Italians.

Why only 2 shows in Italy?

Amsterdam 2?
  3. My latest obsession is comparing all the versions of Bullet the Blue Sky - just from THIS tour. Trying to figure out my definitive favorite. Which ones have the best intro, the best combination of Megaphone and no megaphone. The best, most coherent 'rant'.

Amazingly the intro is quite varied. It is at least 15-20 seconds shorter on the European leg than it was in the US. My favorite so far is Chicago 3*.

*Note: I have not listened to all of them, just a sampling of probably a dozen or so at various intervals of the tour.
  4. Originally posted by ahn1991:The 5 star recording of Turin 1 is one of the greatest things I've ever listened to in my entire life, maybe better than some of the official released material simply because the mix is to my preference.

Also, the LA 2 version of Bad features Bono preaching on the topic of surrender and he ends his speech by saying "God is in the house." Spirituality and faith are a major theme of the show, but I like it when Bono's straight up about his faith and lets everyone know it. For me, it adds a lot of weight to Bad.

5. -- no links allowed for first time posters, sorry --