1. Wtf, so he may have been anyone?
  2. This is weird. WTF?
  3. What is also strange that at times the were looking at very specific places in the seated areas of the venue. As if they knew what place and seat the person had. Did anyone else notice that?
  4. This post was published yesterday at a internet forum in Sweden:

A friend familiar wrote earlier today on one of the social media that it had an insider source, and it could have gone much worse + that the person probably had other people who would be helped and who was also armed (the proof of this would apparently have been to other people who have been asked to show the contents of their bags refused this and then tried with other entrances, including staff entrance and garage) .

The offender have also have been seen in the area + in the Globe earlier this week to probe the area.

Now the post is removed and if it is for the person just wanted to serve some important / inserted or if it was just speculation, or the source asked that it be taken down, I do not know. But it was certainly an adult with a career to think of as posted it and not someone 15 years old.

Could be some truth in it, or not. I don't know.
  5. So if I refuse to have my bag searched it's because I'm carrying a gun? Bullshit. It could be specialized taping gear, condoms, food or just about anything that they wanted to get into the arena but suspected it was not allowed.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:So if I refuse to have my bag searched it's because I'm carrying a gun? Bullshit. It could be specialized taping gear, condoms, food or just about anything that they wanted to get into the arena but suspected it was not allowed.
    It could be both things in this case. There are a lot of rumours what was really happened, but to cancel the show was the right thing to do.
  7. This is a real strange story, especially with all these updates and insider rumours. Unfortunately it's likely the real story will never see the light of day.

8. I'm looking forward to the chronicle of events that Olov will publish today.
    You know, It seems strange but I really care to learn more on this as it caused me and my friend to travel to Stockholm for nothing.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:So if I refuse to have my bag searched it's because I'm carrying a gun? Bullshit. It could be specialized taping gear, condoms, food or just about anything that they wanted to get into the arena but suspected it was not allowed.
    If somebody refused to have their bag searched, I would 100% assume they are carrying a gun or a bomb, especially if you are entering an enclosed venue with thousands of people.
  10. Originally posted by zooTV4all:[..]
    It could be both things in this case. There are a lot of rumours what was really happened, but to cancel the show was the right thing to do.

I strongly disagree.

The right thing to do was to evacuate completely the arena in time and allow re-entry after a thorough search. If this had happened the show would have taken place a little bit later than the time it was scheduled but all fans coming throughout Europe would feel that the organizers cared really about their safety and of course would be happy that had the chance to watch U2 Innocence + Experience concert.

I hope that someone that knows a lawyer in Sweden will prepare a group lawsuit (in order to share the cost that I expect that would be high) against LiveNation and Globe Arena and ask compensation at least for the travel expenses made.

If anyone hears anything about such action please let me know. I would be delightful to participate and support it.
  11. Originally posted by adynaton:[..]

I strongly disagree.

The right thing to do was to evacuate completely the arena in time and allow re-entry after a thorough search. If this had happened the show would have taken place a little bit later than the time it was scheduled but all fans coming throughout Europe would feel that the organizers cared really about their safety and of course would be happy that had the chance to watch U2 Innocence + Experience concert.

I hope that someone that knows a lawyer in Sweden will prepare a group lawsuit (in order to share the cost that I expect that would be high) against LiveNation and Globe Arena and ask compensation at least for the travel expenses made.

If anyone hears anything about such action please let me know. I would be delightful to participate and support it.
    What you are asking for is pretty much impossible. Complete evacuation could take several hours, especially if they wanted to sweep the venue to ensure complete evacuation. Thorough screening would take an additional several hours and can only take place after the venue is confirmed to be empty. If they wanted to actually be thorough, they would need at the very least metal detectors, security officers trained to do proper pat-downs (your average rent-a-cop isn't trained to do that) and sniffer dogs. Before you say that this is overkill, anything short of this might as well be the equivalent of kicking everyone out and letting them all back in without doing checking a single person.

As for a group lawsuit, this is never going to happen. When you buy a ticket, you are automatically consenting to the possibility that your event might be cancelled or rescheduled. You can be refunded the price of your ticket, but definitely not travel costs.