1. I hope you get the answers you are looking for.
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Sadly, in this day and age, if you refuse to have your bag searched one must assume you are hiding something that you shouldn't have. It sucks, but it's the times we live in.

Innocent people don't have anything to hide. If you are refusing to have your bag searched you are hiding something, whether it's elaborate recording equipment or explosives and firearms.
  3. I think it's ok to look for answers, but most of the time in a situation like this police officials will probably not put out an exhaustive investigation because this event was in response to a threat, which may have or may not have been materialized. My interpretation of the cancellation is that officials received information of a threat and they acted upon that information, not necessarily on a threat that presented itself at the venue.

I would rather they err on the side of caution and cancel the show then let it go on and have someone pull out a gun during Bullet The Blue Sky.

But don't expect to get all the answers because solving the mystery isn't as significant as avoiding a potential incident.
  4. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

Innocent people don't have anything to hide. If you are refusing to have your bag searched you are hiding something, whether it's elaborate recording equipment or explosives and firearms.
    Or you simply don't want it to be searched, simple as that. What if you carry XL condoms? You're not hiding anything, but you just don't want it to be seen.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Or you simply don't want it to be searched, simple as that. What if you carry XL condoms? You're not hiding anything, but you just don't want it to be seen.
    Keeping something from being seen is the very definition of hiding. This mindset is the very foundations of poor security. Anyone can say "Oh don't look in my bag, I have condoms" when in reality they have a gun.

For all we know, the concert may have been cancelled because security let in some guy who refused to have his bag searched on a night where a threat was phoned in regarding a potential shooter at the venue. And that guy may have very well been carrying condoms, but because he didn't want them to be seen organizers decided to call the whole thing off.

So for God's sake... if an officer asks to search your bag, just let them.
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    Keeping something from being seen is the very definition of hiding. This mindset is the very foundations of poor security. Anyone can say "Oh don't look in my bag, I have condoms" when in reality they have a gun.

For all we know, the concert may have been cancelled because security let in some guy who refused to have his bag searched on a night where a threat was phoned in regarding a potential shooter at the venue. And that guy may have very well been carrying condoms, but because he didn't want them to be seen organizers decided to call the whole thing off.

So for God's sake... if an officer asks to search your bag, just let them.
    It isn't up to you or me , at least here in the States , as far as if we "agree" to let security check our bags or not . Unless the rules are different over in Europe , and as far as I know they aren't , at least in London where I have seen many a concert over the years .

When I go to a venue here in the States , and security tell me to open my bag , and if Im dumb enough to say "no" , they say "ok , fuck you , have a nice day, you are not getting in" .

Simple as that …
  7. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]
    When I go to a venue here in the States , and security tell me to open my bag , and if Im dumb enough to say "no" , they say "ok , fuck you , have a nice day, you are not getting in" .

I mean, if you're ok with not getting into a concert you paid for, by all means refuse when security asks to check your bag.
  8. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

I mean, if you're ok with not getting into a concert you paid for, by all means refuse when security asks to check your bag.
    ?? I dont..I said "if Im dumb enough"….I comply with all searches , as I have zip to hide .
  9. Originally posted by magnolia61:[...] I would like to start this tread the day after our failed crowdfunding campaign to go www.back2stockholm.nl and yesterdays (sep 22nd) surrealistic replacement show with a 60% filled venue. It is still not clear to me what really happened 20/9 and what is really know about it.
    [...]
    Dear Richard,
    I could only follow the cancelation sideways, but I surely did think of you, knowing you were there (we shook hands in the queue before Amsterdam 4). If things didn’t happen on such short notice, I’m sure Pasta and I would also have participated in the crowd funding. And perhaps the saddest thing in all this is that you didn’t find a supportive airline to fly you guys back to Stockholm on such short notice…

I feel really sorry for you that things didn’t turn out for you in favourable way. We’re just not accustomed to U2 cancelling shows – and I hope it will not ever happen again.

I sympathize with your quest for the truth in this. Not only because I understand that it is important for you to make some sense of it, other than just “bad luck” (which, unfortunately, might be very well be the case), but also because I personally feel very uncomfortable how this cancellation business has been dealt with by various parties, including an institution such as u2.com. I think that we, as fans, are entitled to know what happened and why some of our fellow U2 fans were deprived of a U2 show.

In the mean time, I do hope that many new and inspiring things will find you on your way. I am sure this will help you too to deal with this very unfortunate incident that crossed your path.

Sincerely,
    Joyce

Seriously, I should probably not laugh at this but “Never trust a ff-in’ hippie” & “Whoa kulled bam-beh” are just too funny…
  10. I traveled to Stockholm from Ireland for this show. I took pictures throughout the night and you can see my photo timeline here.

I bought my GA ticket from viagogo so i was refused a refund. Maybe the guy I paid $250 to got a refund.

I'd also like to know what really happened. The moment they asked some people to leave, I felt like it was a security threat - it didn't make sense to me that they would do that just because of a ticket scanning problem. (I did see a ticket scanning problem on my way into the arena though - one scanning machine didn't work at our entrance).

At some point, the guy next to me showed me a news headline on his phone, translated to "Terror in the Globe. Police hunt for person-of-interest." before there was any announcement.

I found the rest of the evening pretty stressful, mostly because of the lack of communications, and in the end I was glad it was canceled. I didn't want my experience of #u2ietour to be that night in the end, I felt like people were quite on edge by 22.00.

It's odd to me that there hasn't been a police announcement / review of what happened.
  11. Edge explained the whole story in the Hotpress interview.

Basically, a guy had a disassembled gun in his girlfriends bag, and was searched and it was found. Then he was allowed in. Later, someone talked to the head of security and told him about it. Then they went looking for the person but couldn't find him again. Then they in the end decided not to allow the gig, as his whereabouts remained unknown.