Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by germcevoy:The second shows being announced in the USA will make it a much longer leg than Europe. That wouldn't usually be normal. Odds they might take it to Australia and the like after Europe for a short run?

Is football (AFL, rugby league, rugby union) seasons from March through to October in Australia. Stadiums nearly completely off limits to concerts and festivals. Don't think tour will happen
  2. ouch...
    luckily they have a few months to rehearse for the real thing. I know it will probably never have the intensity again it had 30 years ago, but at least they can try to come close.....
  3. I've always hoped u2 didn't go down the stones route of having other artists perform with them, especially on there own tour. It's not so bad if they got someone good on an acoustic or keyboard but to have someone else on vocals other than the band members ruins it for me. That's a long way of me agreeing that I also vote for the lady gaga duet as the worst of the tour.
  4. I have a feeling when after the bands walks off the stage. Beautiful Ghost/ Introduction To Songs of Experience on the PA
  5. So, who's excited?

112 days til Vancouver!
  6. May I remind you that this version came about after the fan on stage suggested it? It's completely unrehearsed and spontaneous.
  7. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    May I remind you that this version came about after the fan on stage suggested it? It's completely unrehearsed and spontaneous.
    Yeah, that comes across fairly well
  8. Man if they do start bringing back more 80s songs to fit into the setlist, imagine if they played A Sort of Homecoming? I know it's already been said, but damn. I'd kill to hear them attempt it. I know it wouldn't be the same, but if Bono could sing it....fairly okay in 2001, and his voice is better now than it was then, they could certainly do it justice.
  9. Does anyone think that instead of remastering the Joshua Tree like they've already done they might release not only a DVD of a full show but a cd with the Joshua Tree songs only live from this tour, Coldplay did it with ghost stories taking performances from different shows, I think it would sell pretty well and although the tracks are 30 years old, the live versions would be new and recent, what do people think?
  10. first and last time I saw EXIT live was 30 years ago in Rotterdam.

I
    AM
    SO
    Looking forward to this!