Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. I've been thinking the stage could have a backdrop screen, it's hard to imagine a 60k+ stadium show these days without one, and at the ticket prices charged, I think there has to be a little something, I know it's all about the music, but if you're at the far side of the stadium it really needs a little something at least.

So perhaps a backdrop screen not used the entire time, and perhaps be a lot more subtle than that of previous tours. Maybe it could be in monochrome for much of the show which might give things a classy feel like their artwork of the time and of course R&H, and then perhaps kick in the colour (lotus red) for Streets, Star-Spangled Banner for Bullet, and anywhere else appropriate, that kind of thing.

As we all know though, the two most important questions are really...

* Will the Dalton Brothers make a comeback?
    * Stetsons, cowboy boots and cummerbunds?
  2. good luck foreveryone who wants Amsterdam 2 sales on Monday
  3. Trying for rome2 tomorrow RZ then that's me done til SOE tour
  4. I would love the Dalton Brothers to make a comeback.
  5. A much, much older Dalton Brothers - that would be pretty funny.

6. I think the centerpiece will be something simple and true to the original Joshua Tree Tour, but it'll come with some basic modernization. Maybe they will run something similar to their Slane Castle setup or outdoor Vertigo setup regarding the main stage. Personally, I'd like to see the Joshua Tree banner in the center and two large LED screens on either side.

B-Stage will probably be as depicted in all the seating charts. Coldplay's B stage actually has a video screen underneath it, which gives some added value to those watching from the stands, but I doubt U2 will do this.

7. Found in the Metro newspaper today. Might take a few copies since it's free
  8. Damn, better nip to the station later to see if they have any left.
  9. I hope they use the desert footage again during Streets, as they did on Zoo TV.

"Hey you! I remember you!"
  10. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

I think the centerpiece will be something simple and true to the original Joshua Tree Tour, but it'll come with some basic modernization. Maybe they will run something similar to their Slane Castle setup or outdoor Vertigo setup regarding the main stage. Personally, I'd like to see the Joshua Tree banner in the center and two large LED screens on either side.

B-Stage will probably be as depicted in all the seating charts. Coldplay's B stage actually has a video screen underneath it, which gives some added value to those watching from the stands, but I doubt U2 will do this.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the set up much like original tour, except cloth banners will now be LED wall...
  11. Originally posted by iTim:I hope they use the desert footage again during Streets, as they did on Zoo TV.

"Hey you! I remember you!"
    That's actually one of my favourite U2 moments ever.