Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's U2 live. Of course it's good
    Whats the first concert you're attending? Unless it's at the end of the leg, I would totally recommend going spoiler free, also regarding to the stage setup and that stuff.
    June 23rd in Toronto!
  2. Hence, near the end of a leg.

I too am torn about going spoiler free. I really want to but I doubt I'll make it past the first show...which, of course, is the toughest hurdle.
  3. Wow, that's hard. A month and a half of blackout. Well, you can manage it! (I seem to remember you already did back in 2009 or 2011?)
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow, that's hard. A month and a half of blackout. Well, you can manage it! (I seem to remember you already did back in 2009 or 2011?)
    Yeah. Imagine trying to go spoiler free if you're first seeing them at MetLife! Oh, wait... I am! It would be super cool to go in without a clue of what to expect (other than Joshua Tree in full), but it'll be hard to do that.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow, that's hard. A month and a half of blackout. Well, you can manage it! (I seem to remember you already did back in 2009 or 2011?)
    I did it for the I&E tour actually!

I sort of did it for 360, but had a peak or two

I think I'll manage it. But I also think I will message you asking if I should be REALLY EXCITED or just excited and to temper my expectations
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I did it for the I&E tour actually!

I sort of did it for 360, but had a peak or two

I think I'll manage it. But I also think I will message you asking if I should be REALLY EXCITED or just excited and to temper my expectations
    Am I allowed to troll you in that PM?
  7. I can't imagine being able to avoid the temptation if I were to go spoiler-free, but I also think the rewards would be enormous.

Good luck to anybody who's trying!
  8. Actually a really great interview. Bits that have me excited:

I guess we're going to have to align everything, to a degree, that is pre–Joshua Tree and then Joshua Tree. Then after Joshua Tree, perhaps Achtung Baby would be too big a gauge, but who knows how it'll pan out once we start planning two-and-a-half hours in a stadium.

I think we would definitely want to open with perhaps something that is not dissimilar to the Songs of Innocence run [where we did our early 1980s songs] and get people in the mood for this thing that's coming and you give some sense of history of where it came from. Then it'll be a scene change. … This is my guess. We won't know until we start playing it around quite a bit.

bits that have me worried:

We will either start with "Streets," or end with it, I might think, but there will be a scene change. Whether or not we go completely in sequence, we've yet to work out.

Please...
    but "Red Hill Mining Town" was never played live during that period. It fell into the midtempo malaise and I think we can now figure out ways to get around that.

Please don't change it...
  9. Adam is a no-nonsense guy. Interesting interview, although they're still very vague about really playing the full album or not.
  10. My favorite line having to do with SOE: "It's not like the switch to do these Joshua Tree shows was because we needed a lot of time. It was just because it's pretty much in the bag."