Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. I'm here to complain, but will take a deep breath and just be thankful my favorite band is here to complain about. As a superfan of Prince, Michael Jackson, and The Eagles, there has been a lot to be sad about.

Actually, my biggest complaint is I don't have a physical ticket. After that is the gen admin thing. I suppose it keeps the price down, but I suppose standing up in my old age for two plus hours is not too bad.

The delay of the album is comical, but at this point simply expected. They probably should have knocked out Achtung and JT anniversaries by playing both albums in full with two to four other songs per night, but oh well. Guess I'm not complaining as much as I would have ten years ago. Just content my favorite band is touring, and I get to go to 3 shows, even though, still no ticket to Miami
  2. Originally posted by pleasegone:I'm here to complain, but will take a deep breath and just be thankful my favorite band is here to complain about. As a superfan of Prince, Michael Jackson, and The Eagles, there has been a lot to be sad about.

Actually, my biggest complaint is I don't have a physical ticket. After that is the gen admin thing. I suppose it keeps the price down, but I suppose standing up in my old age for two plus hours is not too bad.

The delay of the album is comical, but at this point simply expected. They probably should have knocked out Achtung and JT anniversaries by playing both albums in full with two to four other songs per night, but oh well. Guess I'm not complaining as much as I would have ten years ago. Just content my favorite band is touring, and I get to go to 3 shows, even though, still no ticket to Miami
    U2 have mastered the art of General Admission and I wouldn't want it any other way seeing them. It's fan friendly (fiscally and fundamentally) and the way they have it down to a science makes anywhere in GA the best seats in the house.
  3. Originally posted by pleasegone:I'm here to complain, but will take a deep breath and just be thankful my favorite band is here to complain about. As a superfan of Prince, Michael Jackson, and The Eagles, there has been a lot to be sad about.

I think even though it could have worked having achtung and JT anniversaries together they deserve there own set of shows. Im definitely still keen on new material but I've always considered this upcoming tour as a bonus just like an achtung baby tour in 2021 would be, in place of just putting finishing touches to a new album and not giving us anything to get excited about. Yes they take far too long over albums but at this stage of there career maybe it's just harder to get near the levels they've achieved before. If anything the gaps between albums is prolonging there career as there probably only going to do another 2 or 3 albums regardless of how long it takes.
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    U2 have mastered the art of General Admission and I wouldn't want it any other way seeing them. It's fan friendly (fiscally and fundamentally) and the way they have it down to a science makes anywhere in GA the best seats in the house.
    I suppose, but in Florida, it can still be over 88 at 1100 at night and being all up on somebody in that heat can be dangerous. The October 2009 night in Tampa it was still 90 at the end of the show, one of the warmest November nights in the history of Florida...hard to still think about how horrible that was. I'm still in decent shape, but this show is in June, so it could be horrible. I wish outdoor shows in Central to South Florida would only be Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb. But oh well.
  5. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    I suppose, but in Florida, it can still be over 88 at 1100 at night and being all up on somebody in that heat can be dangerous. The October 2009 night in Tampa it was still 90 at the end of the show, one of the warmest November nights in the history of Florida...hard to still think about how horrible that was. I'm still in decent shape, but this show is in June, so it could be horrible. I wish outdoor shows in Central to South Florida would only be Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb. But oh well.
    I was at Miami show in June in 2011, and it was fine. At an outdoor show, if you are up dancing in your seats, you're gonna feel the heat just the same. And as I mentioned, part of what I mean by them mastering the art of GA is that they don't pack it in. You can move about freely and very easily. People in seats will look down on the floor and think it's not sold out... that's how much room they leave.

Weren't you looking for GA in Miami anyway? Keep your water with you and you'll be good to go. Get GA for one show and seats for another and tell me which you enjoyed more.
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I was at Miami show in June in 2011, and it was fine. At an outdoor show, if you are up dancing in your seats, you're gonna feel the heat just the same. And as I mentioned, part of what I mean by them mastering the art of GA is that they don't pack it in. You can move about freely and very easily. People in seats will look down on the floor and think it's not sold out... that's how much room they leave.

Weren't you looking for GA in Miami anyway? Keep your water with you and you'll be good to go. Get GA for one show and seats for another and tell me which you enjoyed more.
    I have not heard from anyone yet about a GA for Miami. I was at Miami 2011, and it was a cool misty night, only around 80. I was also at Baltimore 2011, and it was much hotter lol. But Tampa 2009 was almost heatstroke for me, so you never know with the Weather, but if U2 are still at it in ten years doing stadiums, I won't go to a show in the south outside between April and October, unless it is Jacksonville, and even then, it would be risky.
  7. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    I have not heard from anyone yet about a GA for Miami. I was at Miami 2011, and it was a cool misty night, only around 80. I was also at Baltimore 2011, and it was much hotter lol. But Tampa 2009 was almost heatstroke for me, so you never know with the Weather, but if U2 are still at it in ten years doing stadiums, I won't go to a show in the south outside between April and October, unless it is Jacksonville, and even then, it would be risky.
    Tampa 2009 was hot even for Florida. Even Bono made a comment
    But he kept his leather jacket on
  8. I was close enough to see Bono melting away. And yes, that jacket stayed on for quite some time.
  9. For my birthday my dad got me GA tickets for Dublin!!!!!
  10. happy birthday , great surprise DutchU2Fan , congratulations to you and your father