Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. That's why U2 rarely plays deep cuts or change the setlists. They're trying something new with The Little Things and if they see the audience falling asleep, next thing we know they'll ax it and put Vertigo again. Then we complain: why not adding more rarities?
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:That's why U2 rarely plays deep cuts or change the setlists. They're trying something new with The Little Things and if they see the audience falling asleep, next thing we know they'll ax it and put Vertigo again. Then we complain: why not adding more rarities?
    Wait, I'm only speaking as a closer. Put it 2nd to last, and if you must play Miss Sarajevo, put something else between them!... Leave me aggravated, leave me elevated, leave me energized... please don't leave me asleep!
  3. I'm listening to versions of WOWY this tour and, it's now weird to hear WOWY without Bono thanking everyone, saying goodbye, thanks for giving us a great life, etc.
  4. Does anyone think when they come to Europe they might make the first section of songs before TJT extended and decrease the number of songs in the encore? My thinking behind this is that the red backdrop for Streets seems even more significant than ever with the big screen and if they play it 6 songs in it might not be dark enough to have the same effect.
  5. I really don't think it works playing the JT in sequence .
    WOWY is so out of place .
  6. So what is the general consensus of the show so far?
  7. Here's a minor complain: I don't like that Bono sings now "Victor Jara sang his song a weapon" in One Tree Hill instead of "Jara sang..." it screws up all the timing
  8. He could work on his vocals for Exit, I don't really like the way he is singing it now.
  9. I'm enjoying it, haven't been to a show in person just listening in. Miss Sarajevo is still the weak link for me, even though I wanted elevation dropped prior to the tour, and still would be happy to see it go, I think it works well. All I'd ask for is to either drop MS and add MLK or I Will Follow alongside bad in the first part of the show or both (ideal scenario) or second best would be moving Miss Sarajevo between elevation and ultraviolet. I don't have any complaints about anything else loving TJT section and loving the earlier songs.
  10. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:[..]

Was at the Seattle and Santa Clara shows and boy does the new song stink as a closer...I don't know why they didn't rescue the show with I Will Follow again...When they played "Little Things" it was the first time in the entire show people around me sat down...and to then end it on that note, and walk out...you could really sense a confusion....a sort of "after ALL the amazing things we just saw...they decide to end like THIS?" People just sort of got up from their seats and shuffled out. I imagine the band can read a crowd...and if so...they should have changed the encore after the first show.

Guess not much people saw the ZOO TV show...
  11. I just hope Anton (or anyone else) will make this pic again
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I'm enjoying it, haven't been to a show in person just listening in. Miss Sarajevo is still the weak link for me, even though I wanted elevation dropped prior to the tour, and still would be happy to see it go, I think it works well. All I'd ask for is to either drop MS and add MLK or I Will Follow alongside bad in the first part of the show or both (ideal scenario) or second best would be moving Miss Sarajevo between elevation and ultraviolet. I don't have any complaints about anything else loving TJT section and loving the earlier songs.
    Elevation can be dropped for a song of NLONTH or SOI. That's what I would prefer.