Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Will there be a DVD for this tour
  2. Where does one go to vent about the stupidity of Ultraviolet?
  3. Where does one go to vent about the stupidity of Ultraviolet?
  4. Fire away sir. Choose your words wisely (unless your gripe is about the visuals and whichever skewed message is trying to be delivered).
  5. It's about all of it.
    That's my second favorite U2 song. The new version is terrible.
    If you want me to not complain about the visuals, fine.

However, I have been listening to this on loop since I got home.
  6. Originally posted by Macphistfly:It's about all of it.
    That's my second favorite U2 song. The new version is terrible.
    If you want me to not complain about the visuals, fine.

However, I have been listening to this on loop since I got home.
    I would rather complaints about the visuals. They are playing Ultraviolet as a regular in the encore. I'd be happy if Bono sang it in sign language.

I don't think it'll be there for Dublin but it still blows my effing mind that it's there at all.
  7. Listening to the Santa Clara boot on a long car trip yesterday it really stood out how much yapping Bono did in the 3rd part of the show. No need for all that yapping Bono !!
  8. I think the 360 version is the best, but it's quite funny the complaints really because he's singing it in the same manner as the album version we all love with the first 2 verses low and only the 3rd higher. I think musically it still sounds really good.
  9. TJT played in sequence is great but it's what surrounds it that's questionable. The show is still so short for a stadium tour. The Encore is very stale and Sarajevo sucks the life out of the entire show. I really don't understand the out of the blue decision to play I Will Follow as the very last track, why get everyone's energy up and then walk off? It's bizzare.

IWF at the very start of the show would improve the set 10 times over, I never thought i'd say that as I was firmly on the side of calling for it to be dropped and rested for this tour. The fact that now i believe it would improve it 10 times over speaks volumes.

I think this tour is becoming more and more stale and I pray that they can give us some variation in the encore to make things more memorable. Include some tracks that was played on 360, even EBTTRT.

The opening act with SBS and New Year's Day is very cool but it does feel thrown together just to lead into TJT. Pride into Streets just does not work.

It feels like they'd rather be elsewhere, there was a quote on the atu2 forum that it doesn't seem that Bono has done the pre tour preparation that he usually does. I think the case of Live Nation forcing them to tour something has lead to this and whilst its great to see them performing live. For the anniversary of TJT they could have come up with something better than this..... Even just a longer set would be so much better!
  10. I agree with you most of what you said. But many or all U2 concerts are not as long as you wish. They should start with IWF rotate with OOC why not? I'd rather see 40 as last song from the encore after Bad. MLK into Streets is much better. October (I E tour) suits me better instead of MS according to the refugee crises.