Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. I don't think its for the JT tour.

2. Maybe when this happens for ASOH they won't drop it in the tour.
  3. The problem is the crowd largely didn't react for ASOH. There were a few diehards that love it. But it is a mid tempo, building song, and with that weird chiming they started it with this tour, it didn't move the building. I was going nuts, goosebumped, singing my heart out (Rose Bowl night 1), but there were a lot of people tuning out. It sucked in that respect.
  4. Originally posted by dougman23:[..]
    The problem is the crowd largely didn't react for ASOH. There were a few diehards that love it. But it is a mid tempo, building song, and with that weird chiming they started it with this tour, it didn't move the building. I was going nuts, goosebumped, singing my heart out (Rose Bowl night 1), but there were a lot of people tuning out. It sucked in that respect.
    Really? I had a different experience. Even in the seats many people loved it.
  5. It was like 50/50 where I was. Some people started talking, had to be told to shut up by other fans, which of course only started more problems...that luckily died quickly. But for every fan singing wildly, there was one just kind of standing there, confused. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't a stadium in unison, either.

Which is fine...you need those types of songs for the real fans. But ASOH didn't seem to grab those casuals. At least in my area. It's no excuse to drop it, just to understand why Elevation and Beautiful Day have to be played, unfortunately.
  6. Originally posted by dougman23:[..]
    The problem is the crowd largely didn't react for ASOH. There were a few diehards that love it. But it is a mid tempo, building song, and with that weird chiming they started it with this tour, it didn't move the building. I was going nuts, goosebumped, singing my heart out (Rose Bowl night 1), but there were a lot of people tuning out. It sucked in that respect.
    Yeah but having so early in the set, there's really no excuse for people to tune out. People who lose interest if a band plays a song they don't know 3 songs into a show (especially if the two songs before it and the six songs after are some of the band's most popular) are only there to hear the biggest hits and aren't going to be engaged through the whole show anyway. Those people are going to lose interest anytime a song that doesn't appear on U218 is played so it shouldn't really matter if they're not into that one song. The band does enough in the early part of the set to keep them engaged. It's not their fault if there's only a handful of songs that they even care to hear.
  7. Hey... What's the word in South America? When are tickets going on sale?
  8. Originally posted by I_LIKE_U2:[..]
    Yeah but having so early in the set, there's really no excuse for people to tune out. People who lose interest if a band plays a song they don't know 3 songs into a show (especially if the two songs before it and the six songs after are some of the band's most popular) are only there to hear the biggest hits and aren't going to be engaged through the whole show anyway. Those people are going to lose interest anytime a song that doesn't appear on U218 is played so it shouldn't really matter if they're not into that one song. The band does enough in the early part of the set to keep them engaged. It's not their fault if there's only a handful of songs that they even care to hear.
    Totally agree.

I can just see why they might tinker with it. I wish they wouldn't.