Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. So, is JT the second album to ever be played in its entirety, Boy being the first?
  2. not in order or has it?
  3. Never mind
  4. I don't think every track from boy has been played in the same night, hard to prove setlists from the past but I'm sure that's what's suspected so in that case no.
  5. Just listened to Mothers from the Santa Clara boot

Amazing
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Me too. Australia, too. I just don't see it happen for the birthday of their little yucca plant. Unless, of course... The Little Things becomes the bone they throw us and SOE is pushed back into 2018. that frees up the rest of the year to extend TJT30.

So... would you rather have SOE this year, or shows for South America?

If SOE does get dropped this year what do people think the touring schedule will be? Will they really be doing big tours again in the US & Europe? With an arena & stadium tour on both continents since 2015 won't the market be saturated. Particularly for the US, would the demand really be there for another big tour so soon? Or would it just be a small promo tour?
  7. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

If SOE does get dropped this year what do people think the touring schedule will be? Will they really be doing big tours again in the US & Europe? With an arena & stadium tour on both continents since 2015 won't the market be saturated. Particularly for the US, would the demand really be there for another big tour so soon? Or would it just be a small promo tour?
    I think if they extend this tour, SOE is definitely pushed until next year and tour likely wont start until at least summer. I dont it will saturate market at all. They've done repeat cities on different legs of same tour before, so I dont think there'll be any issues therem
  8. So if South America don't get TJT tour, SOE is dropped this year, you'd think they'd be straight back in arenas late this year? They've done multiple arena legs on the same continent within a year, & they've done multiple stadium legs of the same continent within a year or two. But you don't think two arena legs plus a stadium leg on the same continent in just over two years isn't pushing it? Plus I don't think they're quite as popular as they were back in the ZooTV days. If we do get SOE in arenas again quite soon I wonder if it will be limited to fewer cities, like SOI.

My money's on South America next. Probably for TJT tour. SOE down there first would be a bold move. But money's in touring, not album sales, so I don't think they need to support a new album by touring it in the states straight away anyway.
  9. I think if they continue TJT tour it will run until close to the end of the year. Then they'll disappear for the holidays and resurface in the new year. My gut tells me that SOE is either unfinished, or being reinvented again. I think at best you'll see SOE released in spring, tour in summer. Of course, that timeline is if they extend this tour.