Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don't think every track from boy has been played in the same night, hard to prove setlists from the past but I'm sure that's what's suspected so in that case no.
    never heard shadows and tall trees. never heard complete war or october complete either right?
  2. i just pray there is a second american leg. minneapolis. please....
  3. Shadows and Tall Trees was played in their "early days" era. When the proper Boy tour started it was dropped. Such a shame, because it kicked serious ass live. Very good recordings from 1980-02-26 Dublin and the Tullamore shows at the Garden of Eden in March/May 1980.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Shadows and Tall Trees was played in their "early days" era. When the proper Boy tour started it was dropped. Such a shame, because it kicked serious ass live. Very good recordings from 1980-02-26 Dublin and the Tullamore shows at the Garden of Eden in March/May 1980.
    thanks. i'll check those out... but i've never heard "stranger in a strange land" or "refugee" before. do live versions those exist?
  5. Originally posted by thet1000:[..]
    thanks. i'll check those out... but i've never heard "stranger in a strange land" or "refugee" before. do live versions those exist?
    Nope, never played.
  6. i used to have that show from 2-26-80 but it died on an old hard drive. thanks to this site i have rebuilt my library.. i will listen to that tomorrow.
  7. i suspected so. my first U2 show was 2-28-82 in fort collins, colorado, and i would have remembered stranger in a strange land. i can't remember the setlist of that nite of course but i assume it was a standard october show like we have seen on here. i do remember it kicking serious ass and i was blown away. 3 rows back. lincoln center. 16 years old. wanted to go and meet them but couldn't.
  8. I'm getting a little bit disappointed. Yes, of course it's again about the length of the setlist and the choice of songs. Yet I think I have the right to complain, at least here
    I'm very disappointed with the drop of A sort of Homecomming. For me it was a dream come true.
    Based on what they have played already, and a little wishful thinking, I would love to see the next set list come to life.
    I didn't buy a ticket yet. If the list doesn't change or they don't play more songs, I'm not going to. To expensive for what you're getting now.

SBS
    Twilight (something from Boy)
    NYD
    THBAO
    ASOH
    Bad

The Joshua Tree

God Part II / Hawkmoon 269 (rotate)
    Desire (hollywood remix)
    California

Ordinary Love
    Miss S
    New song
    New song
    Windows ITS
    (Van Diemen's Land, from time to time )
    Pride

26 songs ... that's realistic ... and not that much to ask
  9. I was giving it a few shows for them to get their shoes worn and broken in, but it's now upsetting me.

With this tour and all the footage I've seen, gone are the days of the soul aspect of the U2 show. I put on the 360 tour blu ray last night and the energy from the band, specifically Bono is just incredible.

Fast forward and watch footage from this tour; Bono looks completely uninspired. Where is his energy? Where is the constant interaction with the fans to build the drama of the songs? The stage setup, while branching out to the crowd, still feels like it's removed from being part of the crowd, like Elevation tour, 360 tour, etc. did.

It's sad to see. I know this is a U2 message board and we all love the band, I LOVE the band, but there has to be other people besides me who feel this way.

I'm going to the Boston Gillette show in a few weeks, and after watching these videos, I already know it's not going to be the same glorious feel.

::runs in the corner and hides for voicing his opinion::
  10. Originally posted by pianomankd:I was giving it a few shows for them to get their shoes worn and broken in, but it's now upsetting me.

With this tour and all the footage I've seen, gone are the days of the soul aspect of the U2 show. I put on the 360 tour blu ray last night and the energy from the band, specifically Bono is just incredible.

Fast forward and watch footage from this tour; Bono looks completely uninspired. Where is his energy? Where is the constant interaction with the fans to build the drama of the songs? The stage setup, while branching out to the crowd, still feels like it's removed from being part of the crowd, like Elevation tour, 360 tour, etc. did.

It's sad to see. I know this is a U2 message board and we all love the band, I LOVE the band, but there has to be other people besides me who feel this way.

I'm going to the Boston Gillette show in a few weeks, and after watching these videos, I already know it's not going to be the same glorious feel.

Which show did you see footage of?

Having attended their first 5 shows I must say energy has picked up along the way within the band. Guess there was some tension for the first show(s) which now is sorta gone as the band are more familiar and experienced with the tour and stage.

Also note that these guys are 6 years older than on 360.
  11. Nearly 8 years if we are talking about the Rose Bowl DVD.

I think being there has a completely different feel as I thought that with I+E when watching the earlier shows on YouTube but was blown away when seeing a few shows in person.

Do think we could do with an energetic song near the start though, like the 2nd song on I+E.
  12. Originally posted by pianomankd:I was giving it a few shows for them to get their shoes worn and broken in, but it's now upsetting me.

I think one of the big differences about this tour to the 360 is the theme of the show. TJT doesn't quite have the rock songs to get a stadium going but I think it's a case of having to be there, like Remy has been to multiple shows and has felt the energy pick up. Watching videos I like the energy from the opening track to around RHMT, I think they are doing a great job of RHMT, then in gods country and trip even though they are upbeat numbers they aren't really the vertigo, I will follow that gets the crowd going and one tree hill takes it down a notch still, there's an intensity to exit that everyone seems to be loving and then the mood changes again for Mothers. I guess it depends if you want to jump about at a show or stand and admire the songs, I'm the latter, one tree hill for example isn't really an ideal live song but it's one of my favourite on the album so it's going to be a highlight for me. I get what your saying as well about Bono's energy but they aren't the kind of songs you can really rock out too he's pretty much doing the only thing he can which is stand there and sing them and the songs are that good imo that's all he needs to do. As for the encore i think they are doing a better job than at the start of the tour, even though it's not my favourite version of Miss Sarajevo it seems a lot better placed now. Overall I think they are doing a really good job and I'm looking forward to seeing the show in person. We do need ASOH back though.