Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's the first time I address the wanker personally after meeting him 5 years ago. Imagine if he picked up the phone and rang his Irish wanker-friend

2. Do you allow me to tell a little story. My Son was born in the Summer of 2013. He was one year old when Songs of innocence arrived on our apple accounts and almost 2 when he walked through madison square garden singing the ohhhhs of the Miracle of joe ramone (one month before the band played there). In autumn of that year my wife and I went to see u2 twice on that tour (and as some people remember) I tried to get a ticket for him ... wiche I did not get. at 2,5 years he was screaming on the floor of the babysitter saying ' Mum and Dad not u2 I u2'. We had to broadcast half of the show via telephone and when we stopped he asked the babysitter if it is already over!?
    Last summer while on vacation at the cote d'azur he wanted to visitied bonos home. and as we stood in front of it he told me: dad the walls are to high but I got an Idea: you put me on your shoulder and then throw me up so I can say hello!
    When the paris recording arrived he stood in front of the tv for about the first 2/3 songs with his hands stuffed deep in his pocked, watched everything. then turned arround and asked with a hard face: is this the concert you went without me!?
    So at this point we had to promise him to take him with us for the next tour.
    Who would have seen the JT35 Tour on the horizon for the next year. So this summer, saturday evening, he will be sitting next to us at the amsterdam show. almost 20 by the day (minus 3 days) that I went to see my first u2 show. Gonna be very interesting. He's still very keen going to the show. let's see what will happen. he still has one wish meeting u2 ... maybe one day.

just wanted to share this little story! have a nice weekend ya all!
  3. Originally posted by Toxic:Do you allow me to tell a little story. My Son was born in the Summer of 2013. He was one year old when Songs of innocence arrived on our apple accounts and almost 2 when he walked through madison square garden singing the ohhhhs of the Miracle of joe ramone (one month before the band played there). In autumn of that year my wife and I went to see u2 twice on that tour (and as some people remember) I tried to get a ticket for him ... wiche I did not get. at 2,5 years he was screaming on the floor of the babysitter saying ' Mum and Dad not u2 I u2'. We had to broadcast half of the show via telephone and when we stopped he asked the babysitter if it is already over!?
    Last summer while on vacation at the cote d'azur he wanted to visitied bonos home. and as we stood in front of it he told me: dad the walls are to high but I got an Idea: you put me on your shoulder and then throw me up so I can say hello!
    When the paris recording arrived he stood in front of the tv for about the first 2/3 songs with his hands stuffed deep in his pocked, watched everything. then turned arround and asked with a hard face: is this the concert you went without me!?
    Who would have seen the JT35 Tour on the horizon for the next year. So this summer, saturday evening, he will be sitting next to us at the amsterdam show. almost 20 by the day (minus 3 days) that I went to see my first u2 show. Gonna be very interesting. He's still very keen going to the show. let's see what will happen. he still has one wish meeting u2 ... maybe one day.

4. Originally posted by Toxic:Do you allow me to tell a little story. My Son was born in the Summer of 2013. He was one year old when Songs of innocence arrived on our apple accounts and almost 2 when he walked through madison square garden singing the ohhhhs of the Miracle of joe ramone (one month before the band played there). In autumn of that year my wife and I went to see u2 twice on that tour (and as some people remember) I tried to get a ticket for him ... wiche I did not get. at 2,5 years he was screaming on the floor of the babysitter saying ' Mum and Dad not u2 I u2'. We had to broadcast half of the show via telephone and when we stopped he asked the babysitter if it is already over!?

Hahaha, I remember we actually discussed about the suitability of taking your little son to the Ziggo gig(s). I'm glad that he's attending the AMS show with you this time I started going to concerts with my parents around the same age as he is now and now I'm addicted, so beware: your son might become a concert-addict too!
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahaha, I remember we actually discussed about the suitability of taking your little son to the Ziggo gig(s). I'm glad that he's attending the AMS show with you this time I started going to concerts with my parents around the same age as he is now and now I'm addicted, so beware: your son might become a concert-addict too!
    acctually he's been to ... about 10 shows so far. problem here in germany is, that he is under 6 and so not allowed. in the netherlands it is different, so we have an official permission from mojo. so ... I wil report afterward!

p.s. 2 warm ups before u2 ... gnr in nijmegen and the scorpions (his 2nd big wish) at hessentag. so if you see us, say hi!
  6. Excuse for TJT30 in America: Trump
    Excuse for TJT30 in Europe: refugees
    Excuse for TJT30 in Oceania: hmmmm let's thing about it... Ah, yeah, Greg Carroll!!

Johns is convinced they're coming to do a tribute to Carroll, who became U2's stage manager, "roadie" and dear friend of Bono, the band's famous lead singer.