Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by hello123:[..]
    I think its weaker than last tour for sure. He has some pretty good moments during IE, even though it may have been hit and miss overall, some shows he was really good. He seemed to be hitting notes quite well, like WOWY sounded pretty good last tour for me - he sung most of it.

When they did that iHeart performance I was pretty shocked at the difference

He is having a lot of breathing problems this tour. He is really loosing the bottom end of his voice now (he can still do the "wide awake in bad" pretty well for example) During most of IE his voice was still a bit high and thin but it still sounded kind of strong somehow, he is just sounding a little bit weaker in his voice this tour. Having said that I wouldn't say its awful and I still can't wait to see them, but I hear a bit of a difference since two ago.
    every singer hits that point where they know their voice is getting worse or thin, the key changes on NYD and not singing the long notes on Miss Sarajevo is proof that he too knows this. I thought the Jimmy Kimmel performance of TLTTGYA was good vocally up until the end bit where the guitar started to come in, Bono was singing a lot more quiet than the music.
    i think hes still got the voice but it's obvious that it will never be like it was 7/8 years ago. Its to be expected that the older he gets the worse it will be, but it does make me sad sometimes that i know its getting worse, the breathing problems and lack of energy in this tour is very noticeable. For such a massive production it is harder to have that same presence.
    what are everybody else's thoughts on Bono's voice, How long will it be at a good level before we really start to notice.
  2. I agree with your points 100%. The Kimmel performance, he sounded good at the start there - his vocal in this range is still quite good.

Not having a go at him and complaining, its sad realising his voice won't last forever,and it will get worse, he is my favourite singer. Its not about technicality for me its the soul and character that his voice had seems to be going a bit. Thats why I like his Elevation/Vertigo voice even though on 360 he was technically cleaner and clearer. That depth and richness is gone now.

I think going forward arenas will be the way to go, maybe thats also why there is a stark difference compared to IE. I also feel like he wants to put his all in but physically he can't

Anyway I will enjoy what we have while we have it
  3. Originally posted by hello123:I agree with your points 100%. The Kimmel performance, he sounded good at the start there - his vocal in this range is still quite good.

Not having a go at him and complaining, its sad realising his voice won't last forever,and it will get worse, he is my favourite singer. Its not about technicality for me its the soul and character that his voice had seems to be going a bit. Thats why I like his Elevation/Vertigo voice even though on 360 he was technically cleaner and clearer. That depth and richness is gone now.

I think going forward arenas will be the way to go, maybe thats also why there is a stark difference compared to IE. I also feel like he wants to put his all in but physically he can't

Anyway I will enjoy what we have while we have it
    yeah, i think arena's will be the way to go, also not having a dig but i think Bono's ego likes stadiums, so many more people.
    if they play arena's for the rest of their career which i doubt anyway , they might think people will have the opinion that they cant sell out a stadium anymore.

the Texas show the other work still had like 4000 tickets available ,12 hours before the show, not sure if they sold all of them or that city is just small (lol) but, that's not the best sign for a band as massive as U2.
  4. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    yeah, i think arena's will be the way to go, also not having a dig but i think Bono's ego likes stadiums, so many more people.
    if they play arena's for the rest of their career which i doubt anyway , they might think people will have the opinion that they cant sell out a stadium anymore.

the Texas show the other work still had like 4000 tickets available ,12 hours before the show, not sure if they sold all of them or that city is just small (lol) but, that's not the best sign for a band as massive as U2.
    And they can do less shows if they do stadiums, which one would think would be better for Bono's voice..... IE had more intimacy for sure like just compare the stage setup and I think the band really enjoyed that. Even if we may cringe at some of those fans on stage moments hahah I think that helped break that barrier down. Being on the rail during those shows was pretty special. They also seemed pretty relaxed.

For stadiums many people ticked U2 of their bucket list during 360 I reckon. During that tour they sold out 2 stadium shows in some cities with a population similar to Dallas. The demand won't be like that again. Lets face it even bands at the top of their game can struggle to fill a stadium (performance wise not attendance) U2 could do it but I think as they get older it just won't be possible.
  5. Originally posted by hello123:[..]
    And they can do less shows if they do stadiums, which one would think would be better for Bono's voice..... IE had more intimacy for sure like just compare the stage setup and I think the band really enjoyed that. Even if we may cringe at some of those fans on stage moments hahah I think that helped break that barrier down. Being on the rail during those shows was pretty special. They also seemed pretty relaxed.

For stadiums many people ticked U2 of their bucket list during 360 I reckon. During that tour they sold out 2 stadium shows in some cities with a population similar to Dallas. The demand won't be like that again. Lets face it even bands at the top of their game can struggle to fill a stadium U2 could do it but I think as they get older it just won't be possible.
    Yeah 360 was the one that ALOT of people in Melbourne went to just to tick it of their list, there will never be a U2 tour like that again!
  6. It will be interesting to see demand in Australia, since its going to have been 7-8 years since they last visited. I think 4 arena shows in each city would be enough but I think they will go stadiums.
  7. Originally posted by hello123:It will be interesting to see demand in Australia, since its going to have been 7-8 years since they last visited. I think 4 arena shows in each city would be enough but I think they will go stadiums.
    should be here soon enough, i just wonder if it will be indoor or out.
  8. "Shadow Man" is the character in Exit.
  9. Well based on that RS article if its IE hopefully indoors.
  10. The actual track listing is not set yet, but we have some proper, proper fuck-off songs. "Little Things That Give You Away" is one of them.

I am interested in the fuck off songs haha Dunno if I would describe the little things as that though ha