Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Who's that with The Edge? The guy that did the handstand?
  2. Just come across a video of A Sort of Homecoming in Chicago, the first song I've heard from this tour, and it sounds truly awful. I can see why they've dropped it and if that's the level of their ability performing that that song, I hope it doesn't return.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:Just come across a video of A Sort of Homecoming in Chicago, the first song I've heard from this tour, and it sounds truly awful. I can see why they've dropped it and if that's the level of their ability performing that that song, I hope it doesn't return.
    Hahahaha. You're opting for the Sincerity Award?
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Maybe for the queue. So you can queue from 2pm on show day, and your order in the queue is determined by a lottery system. So let's say 500 people are there at 2pm to go and queue, then those 500 will get their tickets scanned and they will get a number in the queue from 1 to 500. And that's how the line will start.

The Springsteen lottery system would be less chaotic. Everyone gets a numbered wristband when they arrive, & are told to come back when the lottery is to be drawn, around 2pm. Everyone is lined up in order, in groups of 100. Say there's 500 people in the lottery, & say number 263 is drawn. That person joins the front of the line, followed by numbers 264-500, who are followed by numbers 1-262. Personally, like you Remy, I'd rather wait in line to be guaranteed a good spot. Wouldn't be happy to loose out in the lottery & be at the back of the queue, I'm too short for that! I'd prefer a very early morning lottery, then a wait in line. Even if you lost on the lottery, you'd still be within the first couple of hundred people. Plus, like any lottery, there would be different people in the best spots every show, no overnight camping, & the system would be run by security, so no conflicts of interest.
  5. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]

The Springsteen lottery system would be less chaotic. Everyone gets a numbered wristband when they arrive, & are told to come back when the lottery is to be drawn, around 2pm. Everyone is lined up in order, in groups of 100. Say there's 500 people in the lottery, & say number 263 is drawn. That person joins the front of the line, followed by numbers 264-500, who are followed by numbers 1-262. Personally, like you Remy, I'd rather wait in line to be guaranteed a good spot. Wouldn't be happy to loose out in the lottery & be at the back of the queue, I'm too short for that! I'd prefer a very early morning lottery, then a wait in line. Even if you lost on the lottery, you'd still be within the first couple of hundred people. Plus, like any lottery, there would be different people in the best spots every show, no overnight camping, & the system would be run by security, so no conflicts of interest.
    That system does sound very good indeed. Fair and random. That's how they draw and decide the order of university exams here, they take out an alphabet letter, let's say M, and the first to be able to choose their prefered careers are those whose surname start from M to Z, then from A to L. Absolutely random, you can't blame anyone but your parents
  6. Oh queueing.........i am quite short, so i always have to do my best for a good spot. But this time i am not going to queue all day long.
  7. I will probably join the queue at 2 or 3 pm in Amsterdam, Dublin I'm not sure yet because I have pitch 2 tickets.
  8. It all depends, if there is a fence separating both pitches then we're safe queuing after lunch!
  9. thing is we won't know for sure until we enter the venue or a pic from inside leaks previously.
  10. I won't queue in Dublin, cos I have seats...
    Amster 2 - my flight arrives at 2:30pm so I'll be able to queue probably at 4pm
  11. I won't be queuing abroad. In London I'll probably line up at around 16:00.
  12. There are lots of talks now that apparently pitch 2 and pitch 1 are the very same thing, its just to separate ticket holders on an administrative level. We'll see, would be something if that's the case