Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by ferrari:40 is the best closer, most U2 fans agree, but I think the band does not like to play 40 at all. Mos and love is blindness are 2nd best, epic songs. Worse closer, ISHWLF. Big disapointment for me Amsterdam 1 SOI
    What makes you think the band doesn't like playing it?
  2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock/The Ocean is also pretty sweet closer
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:I think walk on is well worth a mention when it comes to best closers. In fact I think it would be a great closer this time round if it's not going to be 40 or The Little Things. Another song with a great outro and i think would be a positive way to end the show.

And it was on 18 Singles which makes it a good candidate for this tour.
  4. Well I'd like to think that makes it a good candidate but they're only playing 11 of the 18 singles on that compilation and 3 of them are JT songs so the odds aren't particularly good. (Yes I'm one of the people that doesn't see this as a greatest hits tour).
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Well I'd like to think that makes it a good candidate but they're only playing 11 of the 18 singles on that compilation and 3 of them are JT songs so the odds aren't particularly good. (Yes I'm one of the people that doesn't see this as a greatest hits tour).
    True but most of the non-JT songs on this tour are from 18 Singles so if they are going to add another song, one from 18 Singles is likely...Desire, anyone?
  6. ...anyone who doesn't think this is a hits/nostalgia tour is kidding themselves.
  7. Over 1/3 of the setlist is non singles which is as much as if not more than any previous tour so can't call it a hits tour unless all there tours are greatest hits tours.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Over 1/3 of the setlist is non singles which is as much as if not more than any previous tour so can't call it a hits tour unless all there tours are greatest hits tours.
    That's due to The Joshua Tree being right there in the middle. Ignore that and look at their last setlist. Only Bad and Ultra Violet weren't singles, that's 2/11.
  9. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    That's due to The Joshua Tree being right there in the middle. Ignore that and look at their last setlist. Only Bad and Ultra Violet weren't singles, that's 2/11.
    Yeah if we ignore the JT but the fact they're playing so many album tracks from the Joshua tree is the reason we have only 2 non singles from the other 11. A lot of people at a stadium gig will not be overly familiar with the second half of TJT. It was the same with the early Zoo tv shows where the majority of non Achtung baby songs were singles.
  10. Just a tought. It seems the band is strugling to find a good closer. So why not chosing the easy way to close the show with 40. The best shows of the soi tour are the ones with bad and 40 at the end. Most of the songs around The Joshua Tree are also chosen for the public.
  11. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    But you can say this about previous tours too... besides the new songs there are almost all others singles...
    Would you complain if they played Please, Discotheque, Lemon, Two Hearts, 11 O Clock, The Fly, etc. - all singles too?
  12. I feel like more people know the songs we don't think they do. I mean this is a huge selling album.