Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. This is depressing
  2. This band had better start reading and listening to fan posts on forums. To think of all the songs in their archive and we get the same old shit trawled out time and again. They need to get their act in order and stop playing safe every night. It is variety we all want. 35 years of music and we have to hear fucking Elevation, Vertigo, Beautiful Day all the time. Christ Almighty lets hope the next tour sees a break from the usual.
  3. They are phoning it in
  4. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:This band had better start reading and listening to fan posts on forums. To think of all the songs in their archive and we get the same old shit trawled out time and again. They need to get their act in order and stop playing safe every night. It is variety we all want. 35 years of music and we have to hear fucking Elevation, Vertigo, Beautiful Day all the time. Christ Almighty lets hope the next tour sees a break from the usual.
    im guessing they are just trying to please the ''Casuals"
  5. Look how steady the chart is since the 3rd leg. Since Mexico we have seen 95-100% (21 to 22 songs out of 22) identical shows, back to back, and even in the same city.
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Look how steady the chart is since the 3rd leg. Since Mexico we have seen 95-100% (21 to 22 songs out of 22) identical shows, back to back, and even in the same city.
    It's getting bad, I had faith in SA too. Maybe Sau Paulo will get a little more diverse.
  7. It just seems the band are comfortable. That’s sad. Beyond the Joshua Tree segment, this tour didn’t need to be so choreographed. No massive set pieces. A great opportunity just to gig on a big scale but the band are happy with just doing the bare minimum.

Comfortably my least favourite tour. I absolutely despised the Vertigo Tour but the variation in that tour puts it head and shoulders above 2017.
  8. It still comes down to song selection for me as opposed to varying it from night to night. If they played my 20 odd favourite songs every night I wouldn’t complain but I’m not expecting that I’m just hoping they drop songs that don’t make even my top 50 u2 songs. Hopefully as much new material as possible too, at least 7 of SOE, more would be better.
  9. Roll on November.
  10. maybe that's due to the fact that they didn't originally plan for it to get so big / go on for so long... I'm actually glad they didn't make more of it than they did, set/stage-wise.