Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    There are lots of talks now that apparently pitch 2 and pitch 1 are the very same thing, its just to separate ticket holders on an administrative level. We'll see, would be something if that's the case
    Yes, I have said that since the very moment the tickets went on sale... But now I hope to be proven wrong
  2. This confuses me even more :')
  3. and yet there was clearly a line drawn on the stadium map. that'd have been very misleading but oh well, it's not like the tix cost more/less, so can't really feel entitled sure would appreciate a barricade as I have a pitch2 ticket myself. we'll see.
  4. My old lady asked me "will they play The Unforgettable fire?" I said "no". She said "Will they play The Sweetest thing?" I said "no". She said "At least that song oh-oh-oh(rythmcally Black cat)?" I said "no" then we were all like this

5. Originally posted by flowerchild:and yet there was clearly a line drawn on the stadium map. that'd have been very misleading but oh well, it's not like the tix cost more/less, so can't really feel entitled sure would appreciate a barricade as I have a pitch2 ticket myself. we'll see.
    oh... i see how you are. you want them to build a wall!
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Every venue, city and concert is diffferent... But I'd say you will have no problem at all getting your tiny GoPro into the stadium. When/If they frisk you, they'll be looking for huge and/or dangerous stuff such as bottles, big cameras, etc. The GoPro can be hidden (literally) anywhere so it's soooo easy to sneak it in. You can carry a coke can or a bottle of water so it becomes the distraction and the GoPro will slip by unnoticed 100% sure.

Welcome to the boards btw

Thank you.

My girlfriend carries an insulin pump, clipped to her bra strap, so she told me she would use that as a distraction at the gate (she will not unhook it) and stick my GoPro under her bra in her cleavage.
  7. Originally posted by 2Hearts:[..]

Thank you.

My girlfriend carries an insulin pump, clipped to her bra strap, so she told me she would use that as a distraction at the gate (she will not unhook it) and stick my GoPro under her bra in her cleavage.
    Hahaha, that is so pro! (no pun intended)... Definitely worth a try, I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem.
  8. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:[..]

ahn1991 - I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you haven't seen Little Things performed live in person. It just doesn't work as a closer...in fact it's awful as a closer. I've seen it in both Seattle and Santa Clara and it only served to deflate and confuse the crowd.

In Seattle it was greeted with polite applause and when U2 followed it with I Will Follow people greeted IWF with relief and ecstatic surprise.

In Santa Clara Little Things was also greeted with only polite applause, and when U2 said goodnight and left the stage after the song, people sort of looked around and left quietly. It deflated the whole show (this problematic encore didn't help either)... I've seen U2 on every tour since Popmart and it was the worst closing song on any of them.

Good song, makes sense to end a "nostalgia" tour with a new song in theory, but this song as the closing song is just a dud.

Really hard to describe unless you've seen it...preparing to eat my words if you HAVE seen it performed live!

Incorrect. I saw it live at the second Rose Bowl show and the crowd response on the floor was amazing. Prior to that performance I was not at all convinced it would work as a closer, but after seeing it performed I was 100% sold on it being a closer. Maybe not necessarily for this tour, but I absolutely believe it should close the indoor Innocence Experience Tour. I would argue that the performance of that song in Pasadena still is the best performance of that song we've seen so far.
  9. Also, for the sake of pissing off the people calling U2 safe for running a nostalgia tour.

Closing with IWF - Safe
    Closing with a new unreleased song - Risky
  10. Closing with IWF - amazing shot of energy
    Closing with a new unreleased and low tempo song - ehmm no