1. I wish U2 would bring them to the States as a support act since they really get here on their own...
  2. As a big fan of both bands since the 80's, I'd love to see this also.

Realistically though, I don't think we're likely to see it happen. Whilst Bono seemingly has no fear guesting and dueting with other artists at their shows here, there and everywhere, it's generally not the kind of thing Jim Kerr does too often, if at all really.

It's possibly a confidence thing on Jim's part, it can't be the easiest thing in the world to guest at someone elses show, where not necessarily everyone likes you, even a few 'haters' no doubt. That said SM have always been major players on the European festival circuits, where undoubtedly they are often up against people who can't stand them.

What I wouldn't put beyond the realms of possibility at some point in the future when U2 are off tour and Simple Minds are on tour and Bono and or Edge are in town is either of them turning up at a Simple Minds gig, just as Bono has done in the past.

Would be great to hear Bono let rip on New Gold Dream once again, then finish up with a duet of 'Keep On Rockin' In The Free World' maybe, both bands know it and have played it.

Like many, I still hope for a studio collaboration of some sort at some point down the line, but I kinda don't think it will ever happen now. But never say never

They're two very different bands making very different music and always have been, but there is a lot of crossover and similarities and they have very similar backgrounds and origins.

Nice pic of Jim and Bono...

and one of what I believe was their first hook-up at the 1983 'Werchter Festival' in Belgium...