1. Two questions:

1) how do you seach U2start without using the quick search? It doesn't seem to work for me most of the time.

2) Does anyone know where I can download (if it is allowed) or listen to the R&H demo "My Time Hasn't Come"? There was a youtube video of it by a user named awesomeness or something that I can no longer find, I used to listen to the demo there every now and then until now.
  2. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:Two questions:

1) how do you seach U2start without using the quick search? It doesn't seem to work for me most of the time.

2) Does anyone know where I can download (if it is allowed) or listen to the R&H demo "My Time Hasn't Come"? There was a youtube video of it by a user named awesomeness or something that I can no longer find, I used to listen to the demo there every now and then until now.
    To answer the second question, you can download R&H Outtakes here
  3. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:Two questions:

1a) http://u2start.com/forums/search/

1b) Alternatively you can google-search us, forcing its search engine to look only in U2start pages, with its "site:" command:
  4. Thanks both of you!
  5. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:Two questions:

Additionally, I think you're probably referring to awesomenessk, who uploads a ton of U2 stuff, including a lot of outtakes/demos.
  6. Does anyone have a setlist they got from a 2005 Vertigo Tour show european leg?
  7. A friend of mine has got a Madrid '05 setlist. There's also quite some pics of '05 setlists floating around the net. What do you need it for?

8. A project, I will post pictures tomorrow what I have so far.
  9. In my U.S. History class yesterday, we were wrapping up a unit of study on the Cold War...and of course I had to use U2's experience recording Achtung Baby and "One" in particular in Berlin right after German reunification as a teaching illustration! Anyway, I was playing different versions of "One" from my iTunes throughout the class and also strumming along the chords on my guitar while students worked on projects...

...And I noticed for the first time that on Zoo TV, the band played the song a half-step down (starting on G# minor instead of the album version of A minor). Ditto for the amazing "War Child" version they played at the concert in 1995. But on 360 they played the song back in its original, higher key from the album again.

This might not seem like a big deal at all, but I am curious if there are any other examples of songs where Bono has actually decided to go back - maybe much later in the band's career - to a higher key from original album recordings?
  10. Originally posted by bpt3:In my U.S. History class yesterday, we were wrapping up a unit of study on the Cold War...and of course I had to use U2's experience recording Achtung Baby and "One" in particular in Berlin right after German reunification as a teaching illustration! Anyway, I was playing different versions of "One" from my iTunes throughout the class and also strumming along the chords on my guitar while students worked on projects...

...And I noticed for the first time that on Zoo TV, the band played the song a half-step down (starting on G# minor instead of the album version of A minor). Ditto for the amazing "War Child" version they played at the concert in 1995. But on 360 they played the song back in its original, higher key from the album again.

This might not seem like a big deal at all, but I am curious if there are any other examples of songs where Bono has actually decided to go back - maybe much later in the band's career - to a higher key from original album recordings?
    Streets comes to mind, it was in the key of Db for a while during the 90s and mid 00s, I think, and then bumped up to the original key of D for the 360 Tour. We talked about this a few months ago in the U2 & Guitar Gear: Q & A thread
  11. anyone seeing Metallica and how do you feel about ticket prices?
  12. Sorry forgot to post it
    For every concert I went to I made a (fake) setlist, in the same style that the artist made them, and I put that together with the concert tickets in a binder. Here are 2 examples: