1. He's one of the best tapers out there (seriously sharebear, your matrix and IEM game is totally unmatched)...he can do what he wants.

In general, I just have trouble understanding the taper mindset/culture of not sharing. Not hating, just can't relate, surely because I don't put in the work that they do. Just don't get not wanting to share the hard work - isn't it kind of the whole point?

Apologies if I'm just being sour grapes. Maybe someone can help me better understand. I am genuinely grateful for everything hoserama, and others, have released for us - listening to Anaheim 2011 as I write this
  2. Originally posted by coribald:[..]
    He's one of the best tapers out there (seriously sharebear, your matrix and IEM game is totally unmatched)...he can do what he wants.

In general, I just have trouble understanding the taper mindset/culture of not sharing. Not hating, just can't relate, surely because I don't put in the work that they do. Just don't get not wanting to share the hard work - isn't it kind of the whole point?

Apologies if I'm just being sour grapes. Maybe someone can help me better understand. I am genuinely grateful for everything hoserama, and others, have released for us - listening to Anaheim 2011 as I write this
    Couple things--its good to hold back some recordings to keep as potential trade bait if needed. Also, a lot of times folks coordinate taping efforts so would want to get buy-in from all folks. I also typically only release mixes + processed recordings and not raw stuff, so I would only release stuff that I feel finished (which takes a lot of time). There's a multiple of other reasons, but the core issue comes down to "I tape for myself first and foremost". I don't have or feel obligation to share any/all of my stuff, but I do kick some stuff out for the masses. It just won't be everything, and depends on circumstances of the recordings too.

As you surmised, it takes a lot of time and energy to tape something, at least to do it well. I always encourage other folks to try their hand at it, but it's not a hobby for everyone. However, if you don't tape, then you're at the mercy of others' generosity. I tape so I have recordings of shows I was at, and don't need to rely on others. To each their own though! Hope this helps.
  3. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Couple things--its good to hold back some recordings to keep as potential trade bait if needed. Also, a lot of times folks coordinate taping efforts so would want to get buy-in from all folks. I also typically only release mixes + processed recordings and not raw stuff, so I would only release stuff that I feel finished (which takes a lot of time). There's a multiple of other reasons, but the core issue comes down to "I tape for myself first and foremost". I don't have or feel obligation to share any/all of my stuff, but I do kick some stuff out for the masses. It just won't be everything, and depends on circumstances of the recordings too.

As you surmised, it takes a lot of time and energy to tape something, at least to do it well. I always encourage other folks to try their hand at it, but it's not a hobby for everyone. However, if you don't tape, then you're at the mercy of others' generosity. I tape so I have recordings of shows I was at, and don't need to rely on others. To each their own though! Hope this helps.
    I don't have the money to go to every U2show that I want. You are a lucky person. I need to save money for years to pay a ticket. For me, the tickets are expensive. You must realise that not every U2fan is able to do this.
  4. Of course I realize that. I also realize that not every U2 fan can/will tape recordings. And it's those people that can enjoy the recordings that get released to the masses, of which I've (and others) released many. It just won't be all recordings, and that's the reality.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:Of course I realize that. I also realize that not every U2 fan can/will tape recordings. And it's those people that can enjoy the recordings that get released to the masses, of which I've (and others) released many. It just won't be all recordings, and that's the reality.
    I really enjoy the recordings you released so far. Thank you.
  6. Glad to hear!
  7. any soundboard for this one?

8. this one sounds like a soundboard, i was wondering if anyone had a download link since i didn’t found it in the audio section
  9. If you see the video comments, the youtube channel owner states it's a soundboard and offers to send a copy via email.

@hoserama can you discern if this is your recording?
  10. It is just a stolen audio rip from mixing video shared on u2torrents by the californian taper team