1. So, is there a general consensus about the Rio Olympics not reaching the high standards set by Beijing '08 and London '12 (and, to a lesser degree, Barcelona '92, Sydney '00 and Athens '04)? At least there is in the Spanish press.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:So, is there a general consensus about the Rio Olympics not reaching the high standards set by Beijing '08 and London '12 (and, to a lesser degree, Barcelona '92, Sydney '00 and Athens '04)? At least there is in the Spanish press.
    I just heard on the my local news that Rio needed to borrow money to make the closing ceremonies happen!

And the opening ceremonies were a total snoozefest compared to previous olympics.
  3. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I just heard on the my local news that Rio needed to borrow money to make the closing ceremonies happen!

And the opening ceremonies were a total snoozefest compared to previous olympics.
    Wow, that's shocking Not only that, but also the scandals, the violence & Zika threats, you name it... A shame.

And the worst is yet to come: the post-Olympics depression, all the Olympics-related employment being destroyed, etc. Oh well, I just feel sorry for Brazil because they're an incredible country full of incredible people, but... this just wasn't their moment.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow, that's shocking Not only that, but also the scandals, the violence & Zika threats, you name it... A shame.

And the worst is yet to come: the post-Olympics depression, all the Olympics-related employment being destroyed, etc. Oh well, I just feel sorry for Brazil because they're an incredible country full of incredible people, but... this just wasn't their moment.
    And don't forget us Ugly Americans adding to the drama...
  5. Well I would prefer not even commenting on that...
  6. The best moment of the Olympics

7. I fell asleep during the closing ceremony.
  8. Now thats what I call a PROTEST!