1. If Popmart happened today, Never Gonna Give You Up would be a great song for Edge's karaoke.
  2. Depends on the vibe they are going for. What was interesting was how all of the US shows I saw last leg were out of the post-punk/new wave era, contemporary and/or influential to U2: Talking Heads, Aladdin-Sane Era Bowie, Joy Division, XTC, Clash, and, if memory serves the Euro leg was playing basically the same tracks. Except for Dublin: it was a completely different and really fun playlist -- those who recall the Magic Mike Dublin security guard will recall

Tons of funk, disco, OG Rap. PARTY TIME.

If they are going for a more modern dance-fuelled sound for SOE [Pop 2?] a great playlist would be the post JT 90s influences: Underworld, NIN, Earthling Era Bowie, Prodigy and other early DubTech, Massive Attack, ChemBros, Crystal Method etc [some others have suggested these too and I agree this would kinda crush as a pre-game set]
  3. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I used Massive Attack (but from the Blue Lines album) for our pre-liveshow playlist . So, keep these ideas coming, so I can use this for future liveshows

4. Could work?