1993-08-28 - Dublin
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 9
Videos: 1
  1. I'd never paid attention before to the songs being soundchecked, sounding in the background of the confessionals
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Angel Of Harlem and more prominently One

Now I'm going to listen to all the confessionals and try to catch soundchecks. Nerd fact.
  2. And - most important of all - in any of these shows you find a preach from our "savior of the world'
  3. Hi, I'm looking for a long time for the bonus tracks from this edition (I think it is more complete):

Could anyone upload the bonus tracks in flac version, please? thanks
  4. I think this has to go down as the perfect U2 show. The performance, the sound, peak 1993. Bono in particular has what I believe to be his most complete vocal performance. Silky falsettos with throat rippers during Bad. Perfect performances of the AB tracks, Stay and Streets. The only blemish is the trimmed WOWY but sure.

There’s a maturity to Bono’s vocal that wasn’t there when the tour hit Sydney. He lost something in those months off. 1992 was arguably a better year for rawness and experimentation but this show as a whole. Yup.

(Obviously not as good as Brussels 87 but it is the most complete and well rounded performance of the band’s career. IMO of course).
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:I think this has to go down as the perfect U2 show. The performance, the sound, peak 1993. Bono in particular has what I believe to be his most complete vocal performance. Silky falsettos with throat rippers during Bad. Perfect performances of the AB tracks, Stay and Streets. The only blemish is the trimmed WOWY but sure.

There’s a maturity to Bono’s vocal that wasn’t there when the tour hit Sydney. He lost something in those months off. 1992 was arguably a better year for rawness and experimentation but this show as a whole. Yup.

(Obviously not as good as Brussels 87 but it is the most complete and well rounded performance of the band’s career. IMO of course).
    Remove WLCTT and replace with ISHFWILF and it would indeed be the perfect U2 show.
  6. I’m not sure that acoustic version if ISHF would have went down as well as WLCTT. A nice singalong but WLCTT always went down well on ZooTV.
  7. I’d probably just go for Sydney over Dublin because of the Setlist. Dublin does have bad and ultraviolet which are big positives but the inclusion of both Desire and WLCTT is a bit of a killer for me for best show tag. Stockholm is also in the mix with wild horses being included but again that’s got Desire and Dancing queen disrupts the show for me. Still 2 of there best shows ever Stockholm and Dublin but Sydney doesn’t really have a weak Setlist choice imo and I love that they played 13 songs from AB/Zooropa combined. If they had played the 10 AB songs at Stockholm along with the 5 Zooropa songs from Sydney and ditched the covers that would have been the ultimate zoo TV set. I think the final version they did of Babyface was pretty good as well so I would even throw that in too to make it 6 Zooropa songs.
  8. That last leg was it’s own thing for me. ZooTV needed Ultraviolet. I’ve always thought it was a shame that they never worked the Zooropa stuff out until very late in the 1993 shows. I love Sydney but it has always irked me that a show from that leg is the official documentary of the whole ZooTV tour when it was a pretty much unique set of shows. I wouldn’t change them of course but still. Bono’s voice was substantially better during the Dublin show. Just listen to Streets. He was a few notes higher in Sydney for whatever reason.

We live in hope of an alternative ZooTV release some day.
  9. Yeah I’am still hoping for that more early zoo tv release one day. I think wild horses is quite important alongside ultra Violet to really highlight the emphasis on new songs at the time. That’s what zoo tv in general was all about for me, the new direction the band were taken, Sydney has that in slightly higher quantity but it’s fine margins. Anyway based on the songs actually played and the way they were performed this is the dream zoo TV set for me coming in at a more than realistic 23 songs. If they had the song Zooropa properly figured out live that would have made it too and I would have preferred a stand alone version of First time like on vertigo but the snippet in Bad is the best we’ve got for zoo tv.

Zoo station
    The Fly
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Mysterious Ways
    One
    Until The End Of The World
    New Years Day
    Numb
    Babyface
    Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    Tryin To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    Stay (Faraway So Close!)
    Bad/ The First Time Snippet
    Dirty Day
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    Pride

Encore
    Daddy’s Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
    Ultra Violet
    Lemon
    With Or Without You
    Love Is Blindness
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:I think this has to go down as the perfect U2 show. The performance, the sound, peak 1993. Bono in particular has what I believe to be his most complete vocal performance. Silky falsettos with throat rippers during Bad. Perfect performances of the AB tracks, Stay and Streets. The only blemish is the trimmed WOWY but sure.

you have wrote this in a way I never could, couldnt agree more
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:I think this has to go down as the perfect U2 show. The performance, the sound, peak 1993. Bono in particular has what I believe to be his most complete vocal performance. Silky falsettos with throat rippers during Bad. Perfect performances of the AB tracks, Stay and Streets. The only blemish is the trimmed WOWY but sure.

Always wished that the WOWY was stronger, then I think it would be the best without a doubt.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    I’m not sure that acoustic version if ISHF would have went down as well as WLCTT. A nice singalong but WLCTT always went down well on ZooTV.
    Totally disagree. Was my first ever U2 show and the entire B-stage set was amazing! Was standing beside the B-Stage and was hilarious to see the look of panic in Adam’s face when Bono shoved the microphone for him to sing a line of WLCTT! I must have listened to the 2FM broadcast about a 1000 times before the days of U2start