1. My guess is there's a complete version that Kygo used to make this remix and we'll hopefully get it on the main album and the remix as a B-Side.

Or, you know, iTunes download, since b-sides seem to be done with....

I feel you're right though, and I definitely can agree this style of the song isn't for everyone. It works for me though, and I think it has potential to be a success. I doubt it'll be the album version of it, if indeed there is one - though some of the beach clips do sound rather different.
  2. I'm not a fan of EDM, but I recently discovered Lindsey Sterling and bought all her albums because she convinced me the only way to make EDM good is to use it as a platform to elevate her skills as a solo violinist.

But yeah, I guess you're right about it being the end of b-sides...
  3. Listening to it again I still can't get over how much I love it. Sure, the lyrics aren't Bono's most provocative or intellectual or social justice-y or spiritual or whatever - and I get how the EDM style can be off-putting to some who would see this as U2 trying too hard to fit current musical trends - but this is just so good. I wouldn't even be upset if this was the album version (though I'm guessing it's not based on what others have already said about it being a remix by Kygo).

Maybe it's just the anticipation of spring/summer and seeing the band live again, but I would love nothing more than to blast this song in my car with the windows down and just play it on repeat and sing along...

Cheesy? Yes. But I love this song.
  4. Nothing wrong with a little cheese every now and then.
  5. I realised I don't even have this song somewhere on my computer. Good thing its back up on YouTube again. Still like it!
  6. I'M late to the party, i'm not a fan of this one at all
  7. I loved this last summer. Bring it!
  8. I believe SOI was about remembering U2's eighties-period,
    and SOE will be about remembering the Nineties.

The album version of The Best Thing will probably fit that perfectly.... Great tune! bring it on! very excited!